OT - Mercer Raceabout Drawing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Mercer Raceabout Drawing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 01:53 am:

Last night, I spent about 4 hours coming up with this drawing.

Drawing is always a nice way to pass the time during my break from classes. I hope you guys like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 04:45 am:

I just want to climb in and go for a long drive!
Very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 08:31 am:

Great talent Ryan. My problem was I did my drawing during classes..... but not nearly as nice as yours!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Hi From Iowa!Great Job - That has been one of my Favorite Cars since growing up in the 50s and studying every Old Car book I could lay my hands on!!! Thanks For Sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 09:14 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L4Hj85Kb5o

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 09:26 am:

I hope you'll forgive me, but I had to make one small change:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Very nice by the way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 09:57 am:

That's beautiful, Ryan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 11:33 am:

That is delightful Ryan. Mercer is one of my favorites. What did you work from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 11:47 am:

P.S. It reminded me of one I did in the summer of 1968 between classes. Have fun with the talent. It should give you a lot of pleasure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Very nice sketching. Looks a lot like the Ideal model of the Mercer Raceabout I put together years ago. I'll try to get a picture of it. Too hard to find a real Mercer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 04:37 pm:

Thanks everyone!

Mark, that video is the one that got me hooked on these early speedsters.

No problem Jerry! In fact, I did leave out a few things from the undercarriage like the differential and drive to the wheels.

Richard, I used a side view photo of the one from the former Henry Austin Clark Jr. Collection. I used a caliper to measure things such as wheels, fenders and running board. I used a front photo to better gauge the hood height relative to the fenders, and just worked from there. I considered actually scaling it to a standard model size, but I took the "fast" way and just scaled the photo on the computer to a useable size to cut out the time needed to convert my measurements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

Looks great Ryan perhaps you're thinking of adding the speedster body style to your Model T shopping criteria list...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

I have seen pictures of that car. It is a great one. I'm glad you are having fun with that. Keep up the good work.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Well Ryan, I just had to add a touch of Model T to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 08:18 pm:

Yeah, Jerry V O, I saw that pan profile and LAUGHED!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration