Texas T crank shaft pulley

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Texas T crank shaft pulley
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

I have a 23 engine that was rebuilt and a Texas T shaft pulley came with the engine. The pulley is 3 3/4 dia., do I need to install before I put the pan on or can I do it after pan is installed. If I do it before that mean I would have to pull the engine to remove pulley or install. Thanks

Sam Mendenhall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

You don't have to remove the pan for a stock pulley, so I expect you don't have to for this one either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

I just pulled my aluminum pulley off and put it back on after advancing my timing gear with engine in car. No problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

Richard the one you just pulled was it a 3 3/4 diam.> Steve the original is 2 7/8 that is why I was concerned.
Thanks

Sam Mendenhall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

Sam: from what I have been told all the pulleys from about 1919 or so were 3.75 inches, so if the one that was originally on your engine was 2.75 (the older pulleys were supposed to be 3.00) then someone in the past probably had it machined down to make the fan turn faster (maybe to hide a poor radiator) the 3.75 should be able to be removed and re-installed with the pan on. for a test just set the pan on the block and see if there is any interference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas.

Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

A smaller crank pulley would make the fan turn slower, not faster. I would use the bigger pulley.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration