McLaren Wire Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: McLaren Wire Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

I would like to announce that I have purchased McLaren Wire Wheel Manufacturing from John and Judy McLaren. John has personally trained me to make the wheels in the same manner and level of quality that he did for years. All of the product will be manufactured in the USA and by the same vendors that John and Judy had relied upon. I have personally met with the foundry and the CNC folks so I know who is making the components for the wheels. John's son Mark will continue to produce all of the vintage rims and will be supplying me with rims. I am filling pending wheel orders as I write and I have available 5-30 X 3 1/2 clincher style McLaren wire wheels that I can finish within a couple of weeks. These will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. My next order of foundry castings and rims should be ready by 1/31/17 so I will welcome orders. If interested you can contact me at 319-430-4995. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Good Luck with your new venture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

Mike,

Glad to hear it. Also glad to know that John's trusted vendors will remain "on-board". Do you anticipate bringing out any new products down the road? Could be exciting to see some other styles offered as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Thanks Gene and Jerry. My business plan includes having a stock of completed wheels so that when a customer decides that they want to make the wire wheel investment, the time between decision and delivery is minimal, perhaps days. I will eventually attend all of the annual regional swap meets and will have stock on hand. That will provide an opportunity to have your wheels delivered in person, something that I look forward to. I will keep the Forum posted with any further developments. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Glad to hear the business is continuing! A great product line. Congratulations on the purchase.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

Hi Mike, I agree, this is good news. May I suggest that list yourself on our "Parts Suppliers" section on this site. Go to the home menu, on the right side, second one from the bottom is the list of "Parts Suppliers". Check it out.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 05:38 pm:

Post pictures Mike, "in the rough and finished", I'm sure there will be many interested buyers, tire kickers !!! This IS NOT a cheap venture, good luck with your sales.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

Great news! Will they be available in 21" demountables?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Derek, yes they will. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

Good news! My next car will have a set of those. I have a friend who has the 21" demountables on his T and he loves them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 01:55 am:

Awesome Congrats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Congratulations, Mike, I'm glad to hear this news! Did you retire from your "real" job?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

Great news and good luck having had a set these are nice item

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnkerebabbittingservice.com on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 03:55 am:

Congratulations MIke!! Good to hear! Hope to have a set for my sprint car when it's ready!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Just jumped on the site... would love to see more info on how they are made/factory setup etc.
Curious how much does a set run for? This just might be my T's next birthday present!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration