New Gasoline

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Gasoline
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 03:19 pm:

This may be part of the answer we are looking for in gasoline. Check out this link:
https://news.classiccars.com/shell-develops-new-premium-fuel-engines-old-cars/

Shell develops new premium fuel for the engines of old cars | Classic Car News
news.classiccars.com
Shell has developed a premium fuel that helps vintage car engines cope with ethanol and other components of modern gasoline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

Maybe, but a Model T has no need of 91 or 93 octane. Could be it isn't worth the extra expense for the premium fuel. Now if I had a 60s muscle car, that would be a different story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

Yep, overkill for a 20 hp low compression engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

I'll have to look for it when filling up my wife's '67 Mustang. Only problem is, there are practically NO brand name gas stations in my area. Shell or otherwise. All seem to be chain convenience stores with Lord only knows what brand of gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 06:17 pm:

Being in a general rural area, I found a regional retailer ('Fleet Farm') handling a non-ethanol mid-grade at their pumps. 'Select', then pump a gallon into the daily driver to flush the ethanol from the pump hose, THEN into my cans. The T's and all my small engines become the beneficiaries of 'non-ethanol'. Run great, and will last longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

To get ethanol free fuel around here, I have 5o buy premium. it'd a few cents more than 87 octane, but I have zero issues with water or it gumming up.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration