Oil screen / magnet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Oil screen / magnet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

I just received my oil screen and magnet from Langs. Where is the best / safest position for the magnet? Thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

IMO on the screen mesh, it can't move as its a magnet,
...but Murphy's Law...#121 "If an object can fall thru the right size crack, it will"

On the mesh

So when the magnet is in the bowl of that screen, even if it jumps up and tries to move out of the screen recess, it can't because the inspection cover underside traps that magnet.

Bird's eye view, magnet can't slip under the cover, and slide up the angled section into the trans. Magnet is too thick to pass under the cover when in the screen recess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Dan, what problem are you trying to fix by hogging out those band drain holes like that?

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

I've been arranging mine like this to allow maximum screen space for screening oil. As strong as that magnet is, I don't think it's going anywhere.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration