Help Identifying Tools

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help Identifying Tools
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

I spent last week helping my father declutter a 60-year 'stash of stuff' he had accumulated in his shop. I brought home some tools I used as a kid, and a couple I never knew were in the shop (they were 'hidden' behind piles of other stuff). One of the new-to-me items is a socket set from Frank Mossberg. The set is marked #60. I can find only one online reference, a 1922 trade journal that lists the set for $13.50.

Can anyone provide any further info? I think my Grandfather may have used this tool set to maintain his Model T, so am not interested in selling but if the set is truly Model T-era would display it with Popeye. Photos:

mossberg 1

mossberg 2

mossberg 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

Think about it, if only those tools could talk, what a interesting lifetime story would unfold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

T era, for sure !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration