Old Photo - Model T Era - Leopard Street, Corpus Christi

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Leopard Street, Corpus Christi
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

Looks like a Model A leading the procession down the street!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

Period correct luggage carier on the touring on the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

Talking pictures at the R&R Grande Theater.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Seems that the R&R Grande movie house was built in 1928 so the Model A was probably a rather new car. This is the way the stretch looked in 1939 just before the war,

Today we can show you what preservation is all about,

obliteration...

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 01:44 pm:

Wow, this one oughta get Burger going, and frankly I wouldn't blame him. What an atrocity. Maybe some of it got wiped out from a hurricane decades ago. But it looks like hell now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

The touring car on the left appears to be a 1913.I wonder if the bar from the front to the rear fender is an attempt to strengthen the well known weak body? Does anyone know of a source for the aftermarket body braces supplied by ford to the dealers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 03:56 pm:

Lenney that touring is not a '13 and the piece running from the front to rear fenders is just there to keep stuff piled up on the running board in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 04:43 pm:

Val, definitely not a '13. it's a much later model. I have a '13 that has not been braced between the body sections and the rear doors come open on rough roads. I quickly glanced at the windshield without paying attention to the rest of the car and thought it folded outward. does anyone have an idea how to strengthen the body? The frame and wood rails are sound. This seems to only be a problem for the 1913 model year. I have several other Tee's and this is the only one that has this problem. Thanks Lenney

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 07:33 pm:

Lenney, you're right. That's at least a '23..looks like a one man top. Love the Rube Goldberg luggage "rack". Re your '13, probably the only thing you can do is have a brace made up to mount under the rear doors as several have. My '13 has the thicker sill,and therefore does not have that otherwise awful looking brace. I'm not sure but I think it's a Beaudette body, for the most part the thicker sill has it stiff enough, until you put 3 adults and 3 kids in the car at one time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 02:33 am:

i would say it's a little after noon on a saturday in august. this is where the mexican americans would shop, visit, and hang out on saturday, after dragging a sack picking cotton all week. my dad would take a bunch of them to this area this street in the pickup and then return late afternoon at a pre designated time and place and pick them up. he would go to the bank saturday morning get cash and sit at a table under a chinaberry tree in the back yard and count it out in spanish to the boss of a family, or a group of workers. they did have some sweet smelling cologne. this all ended about 1950. by this time most had their own transportation.by late 50's most cotton was machine harvested.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration