Old Photo - Model T Era - Bridge Opening Parade Over The Willamette River, July 30th 1918, Salem Oregon

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - Bridge Opening Parade Over The Willamette River, July 30th 1918, Salem Oregon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

I see the sign for "Meats of quality and flavor". A few questions
come to mind ....

1. Are the qualities farm raised or wild caught ?

2. What exactly does a quality look like ?

3. Does the flavor come on the side ?

4. Where might a person might go for quality meats without flavor ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 12:00 am:

Burger, Ask Upton Sinclair! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 12:07 am:

I tried a Google search, but got no results. Do you have his cel number ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 12:19 am:

No, But his Bologna had a first name along with a five o clock shadow. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

I don't see a bridge in either photo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

Chris - Thanks for the modern view of the same scene. Always fun to compare, and I'll bet that I'm not the only one to notice that even Burger (who I'm sure most of us agree with in regard to his disdain for modern urban ugliness) apparently found very little wrong with the modern view. I mean really!!! All he found to elaborate upon was the butcher's choice of wording on his "shingle"! I'm wondering if the fact that Salem is the state capitol might be a reason for the obvious preservation of hundred year old architecture and even similar "greenery"! Interesting,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

Dennis - If this entire "commemorative" event took place right at the bridge, there would be no need for a parade, right? (:o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

That modern view actually looks decent, not nearly as bleak as most. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration