Seasonal greetings to everyone , Is this the future of model T's regarding price?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Seasonal greetings to everyone , Is this the future of model T's regarding price?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Is this the future of model T's regarding price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1908-Ford-Other-Model-S-Roadster-/371821220969?forcerrpt r=true&hash=item5692459469%3Ag%3Ad0AAAOSwEzxYXDoI&item=371821220969

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:45 am:

Aftermarket K-W Model F belt driven magneto which I believe is merely a dynamo that uses the stock timer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Nope. At least not anytime soon. Especially from the teens on, they're just too plentiful to match a pre-T for price. Even that one is high, though they may get it. Volo's asking prices are always pretty steep. I don't know how often they get what they ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Is the steering wheel mounted correctly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 12:02 pm:

I have been to that "museum". It's one of those "consignment" places that store your car for you in a climate controlled, indoor display area and advertise your car for you (all for a hefty monthly fee, of course). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 05:07 pm:

"...is this the future of Model T's regarding price?"

After clicking the link, I see that must be the $64,000.00 question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

The car is a good serviceable Model S, not a museum quality piece. The cowl lamps and tail lamp are 1911 - 12, and are nice parts that are likely worth more than the correct lamps that the car deserves. The Rushmore headlamps are period correct for this car. Wrong carburetor of course, and many other details that are OK for a driver but not OK if you want 100% authenticity. All that has an effect on price.

I think this one will probably sell for $50 - $55000 which is what the Volo people are figuring on. They price things so that if they get an offer of 80 percent they can take it. Well run business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Looks to me like it's in St. Louis, not Volo, which is in far northern Illinois. No big deal here, just sayin'.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 07:35 pm:

Yep it's St Louis car museum. Same thing as Volvo, a professional dealer. That's not a bad thing. The buyer is in charge of the deal. If it costs too much don't buy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration