'26 in need of restoration on Bring A Trailer auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: '26 in need of restoration on Bring A Trailer auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

No connection

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1926-ford-model-r/

Check out the "micro" fuel tank he's got rigged up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

Chris - Pretty solid looking coupe and a really nice project or someone to finish off, however, I can't quite figure out that "massive" looking rear end or the matching monstrous looking control lever for it! Not Ruckstell but two-speed rear end for sure! Anybody,......???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

Harold

The rear end in that '27 coupe is a Ruckstell.

The linkage is cobbled up, it's missing the Ruckstell style shifter, someone added that big lever up front, seems like a solid project T to me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

Ahhh,.....thanks Dan. I guess the rear end just looked "different" to me and I guess missing the standard Ruckstell shift lock is partly why. And a "cobbled up" linkage for sure!

A '27 but not a '26 as advertised huh"? I wondered about that too, going by the fact that the car still has what's left of the vaporizer and the fact that '26 T's usually have an NH Holly.

At first, I thought maybe what Chris called a "micro" fuel tank might have been an attempt to rectify the Model T problem of fuel starvation on steep hills, however, that's really not much of a problem on a '26 or '27 with a cowl tank. So I'm not really sure what that big fat iron pipe and end cap thing is all about. Ugly for sure, huh? And very heavy! Weird! With all of that weight of that cobbled up fuel arrangement hanging off of the tank, I'm wondering if that's why there's another fuel tank among the spare parts,...??? I wouldn't be surprised if all that weight plus normal Model T vibration has caused the present tank to start leaking at or around the outlet on the tank. That whole fuel line mess needs to be replaced with normal Model T parts,....FWIW,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

There isn't a tank in the car, it's just a temp fuel source just to run in shop or yard or test things. I have one made from a Coke bottle. I have used it alot especially when starting cars that have been sitting, at least you know you have clean fresh gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Looks like a lot of potential there, it will be interesting to see what it brings. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 09:39 pm:

And they say there were no "Doctor's Coupes".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Have not ever seen this type of shifter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

looks like parts to me !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 12:08 am:

I have seen a lot worse brought back. If I was looking for a project car, I'd be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Kinda make you wonder why they would sell on what seems to be a European site? Would be kinda hard to take a trailer to Europe to pick up a car or the other way round. LOL Does look to be a good start for someone. The guy selling has had for 27 years and no title!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration