Speedo swivel number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Speedo swivel number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

So I have seen the Stewart speedo swivel with a 1801 number but this one has a 12003 number as well. It is the correct ratio of 1: 2 1/2 ... but what does the 12003 number mean?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Ask Russ Furstnow. The correct number for most Stewarts used on T's is 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Mark, The numbers that are cast into the housings, both upper (1802) and lower (12003) are Stewart part numbers. Normally, the model of the swivel is "stamped" into the lower half of the swivel around the locking nut or just below the upper half of the swivel. The stamped number you are looking for is "1913" for a right hand drive swivel. If your swivel is stamped "1959", you have a left hand drive swivel which was used on Chevrolets.
I hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 11:19 am:

Here's a Stewart 1913 swivel that I restored. You can see the stamping that Russ mentions in the photo :

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration