My muffler

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My muffler
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:18 pm:

[URL=http://s738.photobucket.com/user/thomc1957/media/1223161920_zpsnahdzpeg.jpg.html][IMG]http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx24/thomc1957/1223161920_zpsnahdzpeg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
This is the muffler I will be putting on my car. I'm wondering if it is an aftermarket replacement. Do genuine Ford mufflers have the metal manufacturer's numbers like this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Tommy, that looks to me to be just galvanized sheet metal specs. Not original, but will probably work just fine depending on how it is joined together at the seam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Buy yourself a parts book for around the year of your car, or a couple of years later. It will show you all of the parts you need. If you have a 1921 or later T, the correct exhaust pipes are no longer available. I had 50 of them made a year ago, and they sold well. You can buy one from the vendors that kind of looks original, but isn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 09:47 am:

I have a pipe and it is a good original, I think. I have a new nut to attach it to the manifold. I will buy a coupler this afternoon to connect my pipe and muffler. I sandblasted and painted the muffler ends first thing this morning, before reassembling the muffler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

Got the right coupler.I stuck the pipe and muffler together and put it on the car. It fits great. Now to take it back off and weld it. Then back on the car and exhaust system is DONE!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration