Otis around town today---no snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Otis around town today---no snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

I think Otis enjoys living and driving in Texas. We went to the post office this morning and the temperature was 74 degrees and I wore shorts and a golf shirt. Then we stopped for gas on the way home. A younger guy with his son pulled into the gas station in their '54 Ford to compare notes. We had a good visit. Otis always gets lots of smiles, thumbs up and "what is it questions." Nice day and we wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. We also want to give thanks to our young men and women in uniform around the world and hope they can enjoy Christmas next year at home with their family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

I never get tired of seeing pictures of Otis!

I drove Betsy to the post office a few days ago to mail out some packages, then toodled around town for 15 miles or so.

Since then, we've had wave after wave of rain and drizzle, hopefully it will stop soon so that I can take Betsy out for another drive. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

John, another one here that also never tires of Otis. I love seeing T's in their work clothes, your is a favorite.

Glad you are having fun and nice weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

A nice photo! I love Otis, not so much the '54 Ford. Ford did something weird in '54. They pretty much changed the entire chassis, and didn't do much to the body. There were some interesting innovations such as ball joint front suspension and the OHV V8, but both were horrible examples of their breed. The Y-block V8 was one of the most troublesome cast-iron American V8s of all time, and the ball joints wore out and would fail catastrophically way before they should have. I will concede that many of the FOMOCO cars of the '50s were gorgeous, but most were mechanical and electrical nightmares.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

As Otis is good at making folks smile, your comments here have given me a smile. Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

I also love Otis, and have a picture of him right above my computer. The picture is a favorite and shows him sitting in front of the "Groceries" rural store that you put on the Forum long ago.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration