1924 Touring Hood Hinge Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1924 Touring Hood Hinge Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Top of hood at cowl am I missing a tab?
Happy Holidsys
Thanks
DonnieHood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Yes. That last tab has a rivet near it, the metal may have cracked around the rivet and the tab came off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

Thanks. Is it supposed to contain a river? Or is that old repair?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

I can't say whether it is supposed to, but mine does. Here are two pics of the rear tabs on the hood on my '24. Looks like the metal on mine may be cracking near the rivet, I need to figure out a way to stop it before it gets worse. :-(

pic1

pic2

The front of my hood also has two rivets near the hinge, here is a pic of the front:

pic3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

I just noticed in the picture that my front hood sheet metal also has a crack coming from the sharp inside corner of the notch on the passenger side! Aargh! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Dingler, Crowley Texas on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Perfect pictures Mark. Thank you so much. This message board is a blessing. Thanks for your time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration