Any one have this book?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Any one have this book?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

If someone here has bought this can you give me an idea about it. Thanks J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 06:12 pm:

Jerome,

I have that book and it is a good source of information. The pictures are a bit grainy, but the written information has backed me out of a couple dead-end corners already. It was worth the purchase price...

Merry Christmas!

Cliff Colee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

You can find older used copies on Amazon that have clearer photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

That's just a different cover for the Bible we all have. Royce's picture shows another. I have it, and this one.

The picture quality is about the same in the yellow cover and black cover versions. I haven't seen an original, but I would expect the picture quality there to be better than in the reprints.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Cliff, what is the size of the book? does it have a spiral binding? So it can lay flat? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 11:42 pm:

This is my copy that I bought in 1965.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

My copy of a 1925 Original Ford Motor Co. Issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 09:14 am:

The yellow image was lifted from Amazon. The copy I use in the garage once had a green cover as in John Page's photo. The illustrations are quite clear. The book was printed in the 1950's by Clymer publications.

Later versions are photocopies of the earlier ones and have the crap illustrations that Steve is talking about. That's why you are better off finding an old greasy used copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:39 am:

Royce is right. I bought an original 1925 edition and you would not believe how much clearer the pictures are. And, the cost was about the same as the reproductions.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration