Headlight wires covered or uncovered? Oh, Merry Christmas.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Headlight wires covered or uncovered? Oh, Merry Christmas.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Dinners not till 6:00, so I'm enjoying the 70 deg. weather here in ATL.
Wiring up high and low beam two socket headlight wires. Looks like the wires just hang bare from the gimbals down to the bushing on the frame. Looks like the Model A's had some conduit type loom. What do you guys do with your T wires? Just leave the two strands hanging or wrap with period correct friction tape? Or is there a loom covering made of cotton that I need to get by the foot from the vendors?

Merry Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

They are left bare, no tape or loom ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

Bare, may not be a good word. They just have the insulation around each individual wire showing ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Most, if not all current looms available from the vendors have a woven material covering except the last several inches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

Bare it is. I can bear it.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 11:28 am:

The wiring loom that is on the 26 that I have been working on, the wires didn't have the woven outside covering till the motor side of the hood sills. The 26-27 do not have a bushing like earlier and I did not want the wires to chafe on the metal so I used some of the asphalt loom to cover from the head light all the way down to where the covering started on the loom. I think I used the 1/2" stuff.

(Message edited by redmodelt on December 26, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 11:39 am:

We left the wires visable, but wrapped them in cloth tape where they go through the hole in the frame for the same reason.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration