Merry Christmas all from another newbie

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Merry Christmas all from another newbie
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Just signing in for the first time and wanted to wish all the people on the forum Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I have been reading the many pages of great help on and off for the last 5 years,picking up good tips and help for work needed on a 15 roadster chiefs car our fire dept has owned for 36 years now .My wife and I have just purchased 15 Canadian touring car and have started the process of trying to bring our car "Ann"back to her original form.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

Congratulations and welcome, Craig!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

Good to hear from another firefighter! Merry Christmas and welcome!
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Craig, Is that '15 Austin Clark's chiefs car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

Merry Christmas Craig to you and your family.

Thanks for posting.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 04:24 pm:

Yes Val ,it is Austi Clarks he gave the car to our FD in 1980 a gift with the stipulation we never sell it, no danger there.He had it painted and gold leafed to match our first motorized truck for Southampton a 12 American LaFrance type 14 city service ladder truck .Its these trucks and a few trips to Hershey,that gave Amy and I the Brass Bug. As for the firefighters out there we would have never found this great car with out the members of the Lenox Mass FD.We recently found out that we are the 4th owners and are fortunate to have had incredible help from Georg King of North Franklin Conn (a retired firefighter)and and here on Long Island Fred Ogar of Shelter Island FD .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

Welcome to the affliction!
Just curious, was the Canadian '15 you bought one of the ones that has been on eBad recently?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Craig, welcome aboard! You are a lurker no more! I was honored to have been the caretaker of a 1917 ALF pumper for e few years. Everything about it is big, first class, quality and refinement. There's nothing like driving that 1000 cubic inch t-head RHD monster down the street. Just don't hope to steer it unless you are moving. When I looked after it gas was close to $4 per gallon and the brute got about 4 MPG. Fortunately the family that owns if could afford $1 per mile expenses. There is enough chrome on this thing to put my daughter through college. Yes, it was originally Nickel, but chrome is easier to take care of, and there is a lot of it on this truck. Hats off to those who preserve and restore these fine machines.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration