Early Ford Identification Plate Help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Early Ford Identification Plate Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Fry on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:47 pm:

I found this thin metal Ford plate yesterday during a pick. It appears to be made out of copper. I'm going to try to upload a picture. It needs a good cleaning, but I'm afraid to scrub it or use CLR because I don't want to ruin it. My guess is it's some sort of early identification for some part on a Ford, but when I search the internet, I don't see one like it. Does anyone out there know what it is?

Thanks!

AaronFront

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Fry on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 01:04 am:

Aaron, those look like rust pits in steel. The plate was most likely copper plated. Check it with a magnet. I have no idea what it was for.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 02:54 am:

Ford script in oval, later than model T. Likely from the '40s or '50s, even '60s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Fry on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 08:37 am:

Thanks for the information! I assumed it was older than the 40s because it looked primitive.
You guys have a very active and excellent forum going here. Thanks again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 09:43 am:

Ford part number F20C... is a fuel tank for '85-88 Ford Ranger Pickup. It looks like it was spot welded to whatever it came off of.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration