First time contributor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: First time contributor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 11:39 am:

My interest in the Model T Ford began when a friend talked about building a T-bucket when we were teenagers. My father was listening to our conversation and suggested we build an actual Model T. He told us he knew where to find an engine then being used on a saw mill. Dad also owned a set of wire wheels on a trailer in a local farmer' grove. I helped my Dad bring the wire wheeled trailer to town. We negotiated with a farmer to buy the still running T engine. I spent the next 20 years scrounging every T part I could find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 11:43 am:

Welcome aboard. Pics of your touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 11:59 am:

Thank you, Gary. I should have tried to add this to the "First time Model T" thread. I grew up riding in antique cars my Dad owned. My favorite then was a 17 Buick 7 passenger touring. His 17 Olds touring also ran good but Dad was afraid of blowing the engine. Once I master the pictures I'll include a pic of a spare connecting rod from that 17 Olds and you will understand his worry. My siblings and I called those cars "chooky chooks" because of their exhaust sound. Medical bills took away those cars decades ago. My Dad learned to drive a Model T when he and his brother would sneak into the local church parking lot (early 1930's) on Sunday mornings and joyride during the mass. He said he thought the old farmer who owned that T never figured out why that car was still boiling the same after church as when he parked it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Welcome Tony, Please include your location after your name so we don't make any Viking comments in your posts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Gene, my favorite player is Aaron Rodgers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

Gene, my favorite player is Aaron Rodgers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Me too... Got lots of relatives in Mn. I'm a NE Iowa boy myself went to school in Ames. Hitchhiked in '65 with an Uncle named Sam to SoCal, Found out there is more to life than milking cows! hee hee

I sure miss those cows and the farm Some times. There's no better place for a young kid to grow up than on a Midwest farm!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

-Gene-
Couldn't agree more about the Midwest farm growing up! And Tony, "Welcome to the masses!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:27 am:

I am trying to post pictures. I wonder if someone can identify this brass part? I am mostly familiar with post 1915 Model Ts. The second picture is a connecting rod pair from a 1917 Olds V-8.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:06 am:

Tony-
The part you are showing is an early two-piece timer. It may be a reproduction, or an original.
Welcome.
: ^ )
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:25 am:

Keith, if I take off the two top screws and remove the cover, there is nothing inside that would rotate. What year Fords did this fit? Is there any good way to tell if it is a reproduction component?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:21 am:

You are probably missing the roller assembly which is what holds the early timer to the camshaft.

From what I can see it is an original from about 1910 - 11. I would be interested in it if you want to sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Tony, that IS a clusterXXXX of wimpy connecting rod parts for the Olds. Wow.
Ehh hem, any pics of your touring yet? ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 09:45 am:

Marv, Gene add me to your list of "Midwest Farm Boys", it was a good life and wouldn't change it for the world !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 09:59 am:

Tony, if you check your camera manual you'll probably find a setting for taking close-ups. On my camera it's just one push of a button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:04 am:

It might be called "macro mode" in the instructions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:11 am:

Tony,
Welcome to the affliction. You're living in the best area for Model T enthusiasts. Minnesota has four very active Model T clubs. The largest of them is the T Totalers (MTFCI) with over 250 members. Three MTFCA chapters include the Great Northern Model T Club, North Star State and Minnesota Valley Model T Clubs. Each has 50-75 members. In short, parts and technical support are very close to you. Andy Loso, who posts here fairly often, is a great source of both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

Thanks for the photo tips. I will retake that picture. Here are some more photos and an explanation. My 93 year old father suffered a stroke several years ago and has lost interest in pretty much everything, including his beloved antique car hobbby. My family is debating what to do, the 3 of us who want to keep it have storage issues. I am the son who knows more than the others and I am trying to inventory what is there. If we decide to sell, hopefully we can find one person to buy it all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Honzay on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

I am still struggling a little with pictures. I am unsure how many I can add at a time. And, I am not adept at pulling them from the 3 separate files they are on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

If there is a limit on number of pictures per post, it's really big, I have never hit it. Don't worry if all the pics don't show up in the preview, they will all be there in the final post.

The file size on each pic must be under 250K.

A carriage return between pics is nice to keep them running one right after another without a break in between. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration