Frank and the boys our for a ride

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Frank and the boys our for a ride
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 04:42 pm:

We have a small pond by the house that is stocked pretty well and the young guys that live nearby come over often to fish. They are always polite, say "yes sir", don't leave trash and are good kids. This afternoon there were seven of them fishing and paddling around the pond. I didn't really need gas but told them I was going to gas up Frank, did they want a ride. That was fun. Stopped by the home of one of the boys and his dad came out to check on the car. I was asked by a 10 year old, "do they make these cars anymore?" I told him, "no, not any more." He said, " Well, I sure don't know why they don't. These are a lot better than cars today." The only downside to the trip was running through a wet fire ant bed---had to clean the tires after that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

Poisoning the minds of our youth? Set the hook hard !John that is what the model T is all about,I believe. All ages can have a common interest.Good on you John.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Excellent, John. If we couldn't do this kind of stuff with these old junk Fords there'd be no reason to even have 'em.

I recently had the opportunity give a nice ride for an eleven year old boy who has impaired vision but had studied T Models until he knows almost everything about them. Everything I'd start to explain he already had. His grandmother had arranged his first hands on T experience through my club, The Suncoast T Club.

I took him, his mother, little sister and grandfather for a good ride. Afterward I demonstrated hand cranking and even a couple of free starts while he videoed everything. I think we made his day and it for sure made mine.

Apologies, John, I wasn't trying to steal your thread. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

Like! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 05:17 pm:

No apology necessary Robert. That's a big part of the fun of driving a Model T. One day after church I enjoyed driving a lady in our '15, at the time, and she was born in '16. She spent the entire time watching my feet because she knew exactly what I was doing. Fun stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

Great job, John. Thanks for passing the poison!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

A wonderful way to spend part of a day!
That is one wonderful looking model T! (Just had to say it again!)
Drive carefully, and do enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

John,Kids,a Model T ride,and good fishing are hard to beat! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Don't get no better than that!! Good job John! Frank sure looks nice.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration