Valve lifter OD measurement

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Valve lifter OD measurement
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 08:34 pm:

Measuring a set of lifters I just pulled out of an engine they are .4365" is and fit the lifter biores well. I have a new set from one of the vendors that measure .4375" OD. The new ones are too tight in the bows; they are an interference fit.

What's going on here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 08:47 pm:

I would say you have a block with no ware at all.
Original build specs are,
Push rods .4355-4365"
Push rod guide holes, .437"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 09:06 pm:

Thanks Frank. The original lifters look like new. I may use them with a new Stipe cam rather than ream out the lifter bores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 05:55 am:

Seems like I've seen oversize lifters advertised. Even if that's not what you ordered, maybe it's what you got.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:17 am:

Hal,

No, the "standard size" lifters are advertised as being .437" - and they are.

I continue to be amazed at the quality of original Ford parts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration