OT Show us your shop or man cave :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Show us your shop or man cave :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 10:31 am:

I've enjoyed many of the "Show Us Your.." threads. I thought I'd start one myself. If you are using antique machine tools, I'm very keen to see what you use! I've been a tool and die machinist for 35 years and since 2009, I've put together my own shop to do my old car repairs, as well as antique phonograph and music boxes.Cheers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Wow, very nice! Mine is much more modest. :-)

(Message edited by cudaman on December 27, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Trying again with new pictures. :-)

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 11:27 am:

No Way mine is much too dis-organized,My own wife doesn't understand how I can find anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

Arnold, what is the file size on each of your pictures? There is a limit of 250K per picture on this old forum software. Here is a way to reduce the file size on a Windows machine:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Mark, I think he has the picture sizing covered, some of his pictures are here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

shop6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

It is some other problem many errors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary kmiecik on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

Darren, I'm guessing that's about a 05-06 red Cadillac you have there, Nice!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

shop4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Here's a 190 view looking north and south.

I've been taking apart engines, magnetos, and transmissions mining for parts, so there are pieces and parts everywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

shop3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Just my 2 favorite escapes, Garage and office. Harv.

a

a

a

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

shop1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

shop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

People who are organized are just too lazy to look for things! (;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

motor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

ice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

OK time for me to chime in here, obviously Arnold is having a problem posting pictures, I have sent him a message as well.

He has the picture resizing down as his pictures are showing up here so is a problem with loading them.

First of all you should just be using the upload attachment button at the bottom of the message. You should not have to put any of the picture codes in manually.

Also if it is a button you only click a button once, not twice.

Your message comes up in preview mode before you actually post it to the thread.

It is here that you can have a look at what is happening and clean it up a bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is one of Arnold's posts as it shows up in the preview box.

\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706902,shop3}\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706901,}

This picture would be duplicated, so I just deleted the second part to make the post look like this -

\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706902,shop3}

This is another one, notice the ] a square bracket - it should be a } curly bracket

But it also shouldn't be there, probably trying to enter the codes manually.

image{shop4]\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706918,}

One more

\image_notuploaded{shop3}\imagelink{http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-po st.cgi?action=posting_upload_form&what=show&img=706921,shop1.JPG}

This says image not uploaded. You probably should just exit and re-enter the post.

This posting from Harv,

HIS POSTING

Just my 2 favorite escapes, Garage and office. Harv. \jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706913,a}\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706914,a}\jpeg_alreadyuploa ded{706915,a}\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706916,a}

MY CORRECTION

Just my 2 favorite escapes, Garage and office. Harv.

\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706913,a}

\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706914,a}

\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706915,a}

\jpeg_alreadyuploaded{706916,a}

Notice I have separated all the jpeg lines with a space between. This makes sure the text is on the top and the pictures have a space between them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You can accomplish all this just be looking at the preview box and going back into the Revise your Message box (multiple times like I did on this one)

Fordially
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

Thanks for fixing my posts. I am getting this message, I think It might be the problem.

Please provide the files for the following referenced images/attachments. Then click on "UPLOAD" to continue.
Note: If you do not see a "Browse..." button next to the blanks below, then your browser does not support form-based file upload and you will not be able to upload images/attachments to your post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:29 pm:

What browser are you using?

A Windows PC or a Mac?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

I don't see a ,""Browse..." button"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

Windows PC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

On my machine, it shows up as the "choose file" button. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

When I have a message with a picture to post I key my message in then press enter a couple of times

then press Upload Attachment (once)

This box then comes up

I chose a file, click Upload (ONCE)

Then wait for File Uploaded box to show and click Close (once)

I normally don't put a description on any of my attachments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Arnold, you have 2 guys helping you at the same time!

Mark, what year is your GTX? I may have worked on it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

OMG Choose File is a browse button(crazy)now when i get my picture from the laptop file.I have to open it to get to another screen. Is that OK?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:47 pm:

I am going to cut and paste your instructions and print them out.
When my nerves settle down from this frustration, I will come back and try it again but I really appreciate your help. I just can't handle all this modern technology. Thank heaven for Model T's. And thank you again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Chris, my GTX is a very early production 1971 model (built in St. Louis, MO in September, 1970). I bought it from a kid in Webster Groves who had multiple Mopar projects, but needed to sell one to get money for college. It is an original two-tone paint car (one of 16 built), but it was originally dark green metallic with a light green metallic painted roof and a green interior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

Mine is a helluva mess, on account of being unfinished. But I am a
firm believer that a sterile shop is the sign of over-compsation for
incompetence. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

Is is nice to see these shops. Sorry there are posting problems but glad so see the help.

Here are my Winter Quarters:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Hmmm,..... reminds me of a painting I saw once!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

Arnold, while you're getting all that sorted out, somewhere in your Tools menu I expect you'll find Rotate Left and Rotate Right. If the computer fairies mess with your head by turning your picture sideways, you can use that tool to upright it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

pixpixpixpixpix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

Nice, Bob!

Hey Bob, I sent you a PM a while back regarding the Model T-specific trailer that you advertised in the classifieds, did you get my PM?

Mark Strange

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:47 pm:

Chris, Thanks for fixing my post. I'll follow your instructions next time. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Fedullo, Milford MI on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

The workshop:

The storage barn:

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 04:07 pm:

Harold, is this the painting you remember?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

LOVE the photos guys! Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

"People who are organized are just too lazy to look for things!"
Harold, THAT'S a keeper!! I'm gonna make that into a sign and put it up in my shop!!
Pics of my shop??? Um, I'll think about it--it's a real mess!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

hello guys here's pictures of one of my garage is that I store a lot of stuff in Love looking at pictures of other guys garages

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Ain't no way, Guys. Mine's WAY too cluttered for me to post any pictures of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

I think one thing in common with Model T guys is that they mostly have the recently diagnosed disease called Hoarder. I'm not sure who I caught it from but I'm doing best to deal with it.
lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

Yup! That's the one Richard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

David D. - Glad I could help "decorate" your shop!

Having said that, I guess you can probably imagine what MY shop looks like! Let's just say,.....there'll be no picture!!! (:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

David D. - Just a thought,..... when you make that sign, write it with letters a bit too big so that it runs all the way over to the right hand side so the last couple words have to run down the right hand side a bit. You know,..... like those "plan ahead" signs. Then be sure to hang it up a bit crooked and it'll look "just right",.....ha,ha,...... harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Mine is the skylight photo studio on our third floor ... which I also use for recording on wax cylinders.

Studio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

"Ain't no way, Guys. Mine's WAY too cluttered for me to post any pictures of it."

I've seen a lot of shops Hal, yours is just fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

The "old main shop" Ive been in over 35 years ...

And the "guest cabin" built in 1873. We hope to, in the near future have it "chinked" and then get electric and water. It will be our "guest cabin".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

Burger wrote:
" I am a firm believer that a sterile shop is the sign of over-compensation for incompetence."

If that is true, then I am the Most Competent Man on God's green earth, and there will be No pictures (like Hal said).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Giesbrecht on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Putting the vehicles away for winter,don't have the Model T in there yetsome pics my daughter took

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

This is my shop and the small attached machine shop. Makes me look forward to winter. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Darren, you asked about machines -- I am a recovering machinist, though not one smart enough to buy things that are easily moved. I am partial to Monarch lathes and Kearney & Trecker mills.

I admire your tidy set-up there. There are a couple of more machines I would have snapped except for not being able to see them:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Walter, where do you get blades for your Marvel saw? I have one like that. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

I think I was buying them on eBay. It's been so long ago now that I can't remember. They last forever the way I use it. If you'd like I'll p.m. you with a part number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Thanks Walter that would be great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:19 am:

TOO many things to say about this thread!
Chris (the moderator), thank you for what you do here. It IS appreciated. :-)

And only some mention of lathe/mill/drill,surface grinder/hardness tester? brands and years...

Pat, the lathe on the right, not the modern import, those legs are so familiar... Please tell. Prob'ly NOT a South Bend but so similar! I do love the South Bend's from a hundred years ago and I am VERY partial. Those legs! Nah, it ain't a woman but it'll give more pleasure over the long haul than a woman will.

I see all these machines, whether on the floor or portable/drivable and I say to myself "uhh/mmm/nice" in a good way. I adore the busy places the best but the beautiful places are wonderful too!

My little shed/mess. It IS cozy tho! DAMN cozy!
little shed

Like others here, I ain't gonna show my mess in other areas. They're too busy and disjointed like my brain.
On my confuser, my pic shows up OK. You?
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:44 am:

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on December 28, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:44 am:

Looks like Rich and I have the same maid service. :-)

Walter's Marvel looks like a larger version of my Keller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:58 am:

I got a saw just like that Steve !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 02:40 am:

Duey, it's a 1928 South Bend. It came out of a gun shop in Spokane Washington. I love running this old lathe. Came with a bunch of tooling. I'm making a new roller for my round baler in this photo. PK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 04:42 am:

Burger,
I just about fell off my chair when I saw this photo you posted.
I have a 4-5 car garage and workshop. Attached to the workshop is the flat I lived in while I was building the house that I now live in. I have since turned 50% of the flat into an N scale, around the walls layout freelanced, but based on Western Pacific's "Feather River Route". Photo shows it while it was still under construction and reminds me I should take some more pics, now that its all done.

I want that sign.....sigh.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 09:10 am:

Lots of Mopars around that little Ford.Garage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 09:12 am:

Let's try this size.garage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:19 am:

MORE SHOP PHOTOS

xxx xxxx xxxx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:29 am:

maybe this

xxx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:53 am:

Direction for putting that thing together were upside down? The roof may leak like that!
I hate it when that happens. Dont ask how I know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:58 am:

Well, I'm more than jealous of you guys. Maybe later today I'll get a decent picture of my little single car garage that I've somehow crammed two cars into.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Not your fault, Arnold, for some diabolical reason the software in some cameras, smart phones, and computers automatically flip/rotate pictures against the user's wishes.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

This is the home for my Model T:

The other 2/3 of my shop is a spot for the Packard and a work area:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

Jeff, Very nice and clean. is that a Station Sedan Packard?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

Hi Jake! Yes it is, my daily driver in the summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

I will do a then and now- Pic here is of old hobby shop, 40x45 wi in floor heat and central AC and 20x40 attached cold storage also concrete. sat on 12.5 acres of bliss. Restored about 15 big muscle Mopars and a few trucks.

Here is a link to hobby website and to the last restoration in 2012- the '70 Plymouth below- restoration progress in shop noted above.
http://www.jakesgeneralstore.com/cars/project-car/next-build-1970-plymouth-aar-cuda-project

Today- new house at Lake much smaller garage- have to go outside to change my mind. no room to walk when plow is in on pickup. - first world problem I know. . yada yada

(Message edited by Lucky13speedster on December 28, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

Jake,

Let's give some details on your 71 Cuda ...

I had a dark blue ragtop - 440 six pak, 4-speed. Got it as a stripped
hulk, sold it as a stripped hulk. Super rare car though.

The 71's were far-and-away the best looking of the E-body series with
the quad headlights and fender louvres. :-)

Still have my 66 Coronet ragtop. Black on black, white bench interior,
440 Magnum, 4-speed, 3.23 Posi, Discs. Way too much go-fast for that
car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

My shed,

Model T go Karts
Model T Go Karts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Is the Coronet in original condition?:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

OT, but whoa, nice Mopars Jake, especially the 'Cuda convertible!

I used to own a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda convertible with a non-matching 318 in it. I yanked the 318 and put in a 340 six-pack with a 727 tranny and 3.55 sure-grip rear axle. I made a custom air cleaner so that I could keep the A/C with the six-pack setup.

pic1

pic3

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Tim,

It is largely an unmolested body with a period drivetrain and equipment
from a totalled R/T. Original top, mostly original paint, original interior. I
did the unthinkable and put new carpet in it though, being the heathen
scum that I am. Been told by lots of purists that I am lower than low and
will burn in hell. It's all good. It's mine. I can enjoy it as I choose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:25 pm:

Well I think us Mopar guys tend to wise up. I am glad a thinned the heard and enjoy different things. '48 Crosley Wagon, because it is small and will fit up in my now allotted garage space. It fits in a lawn shed too.

The 71 Cuda rag was a hemi clone.
http://www.jakesgeneralstore.com/cars/sold/1971-hemi-cuda-convertible-tribute
1970 Barracuda cloned as a 71 Hemi Cuda. Motor is 1966, Rubber bumpers, shaker set up and a power top. Most everything new. Car has Hemi Billboards. Dual carbs( Carter AFB ) 8.75 Rear end 3:55. Auto Trans w/ Pistol Grip Shifter, rimblow wheels. Very fun to drive. No muscle car in the world turns more heads that a '71 Hemi Cuda Convertible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

Burger, RE The Coronet. do what you want I say, your $$$ and your taste. Looks great!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Indian Rocks, FL on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 05:57 pm:

My summer garage is mostly a mess with no room to walk around. There are 3 T's in the 1.5 car side plus enough boxes of stuff to rebuild any one of them. Those who visit shudder.

My winter man cave was 75 degrees today, the pool about the same and is OC organized all the time. (Sorry , couldn't resist)
I sit and read about Fords. My latest is the one about Ford racing 999 and Arrow from the view of Olds etc. CAR CRAZY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Mine is outside, of course I have to share it with my friends.

image/tiffHereford Haven
FullSizeRender.tif (165.7 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 08:38 pm:

Let's see if it will post the jpg version directly:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Mine is a mess and ashamed to take a pic. I have my 70 fastback boss 302 clone, and a 82 gt mustang I bought new and now has 28 thousand hard miles on it and the 27 roadster crammed in my 2 car garage for the winter and just had a metal 36x36 put up but it's tall in the middle for our camper and has the 2 12x12 sides or lean to as my dad calls them. It will be closed in and concreted when they are done, no a.c. or heat. Rain and holidays has all of that at a halt for another week. So maybe someone will have this post going again next spring again. Right now I keep the model A s and the other T in a old race car shop 10 miles from home that I rented 15 years ago dirt cheap and just never wanted to give it up but I have started scaling back and want my stuff at home now. Still honing to race just not gonna run as fast as previous years. I want to eventually retire, and going slower is cheaper.lol By spring they will all be at my house. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 09:17 pm:

Drag race I should have been clear. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

Pat, South Bend must've called that a 13 by 8?
Beautiful machine! And a type A (quick-change box and powered feeds) I'll guess. I wait on a little type C 8 by 36 from March of '29 to keep my older one company.
I'm quite proud to say my old South Bend 13 by 6 (four feet between centers) is the 7th from the oldest registered on a fella's South Bend site. Number 926.
Gotta watch him as everything turned is a bit tapered(ish)...
And a '28 Chevy crankshaft is completely unbendable when between centers on that old lathe. I wanted to bend it straight. Did I just really type that?
So many cool pics here.
Rob, how on Earth do you get inside that layout? Nice!

(Message edited by Duey_C on December 28, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Rob,
WP eh? Well, here I am in Oroville, the start of the Feather River canyon, originally worked for the railcar shop that used the WP roundhouse site for it's shop, and spent about 5 years painting locomotives for the WP museum in Portola.
However, I dable in S gauge, mostly high-rail, N is way to small for these eyes and hands!
Still trying to decide whether or not to take any pics of my mess. . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 08:11 am:

Funny how us Mopar guys Fall in love with Model T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

This is quite a long but very interesting thread but I'll extend it a little with my barn. I built mine just before Jay built his, I think it was in the 90's.

It has a concrete floor downstairs and wood on the second. Right now it has three friends cars or motors in various states of repair. Strangely enough two are both waiting for new starter ring gears as I write.

The stairs are at the back, though I have a hole and a 16 foot chain hoist to lift big heavy stuff to the upper floor

It all keeps me out of trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

No way am I going to post mine after seeing some of above! :-) Not because it's a mess (which it is) but because I have to go outside to change my mind it's so small.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Great photos guys! It does not matter how big or small,clean or dirty, organized or not, if you're having fun, keeping your cars running, sharing with friends and family, that's all that matters! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

A little messy...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Here is shot of mine two years ago before I mounted the body to the frame. Not much room but enough. Still not finished maybe this year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 10:30 pm:

i have looked at all the pics, very nice but what i see is you guys spend two much time cleaning,ha,ha, charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:04 am:

Mark,

I can empathize with the small space problem. In some of my former
domiciles, I have had to be incredibly creative to have space for my junk.
I became a master of squeezing usable space out of attics, nooks,
and other hard-to-work-with spaces, just to pack away the floor clutter
so I could get a car IN TO the garage !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Lewis on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:50 am:

This is my work downstairs...play up the stairs shop. Ill trade that corvette for about any T you've got.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 02:18 am:

Jack,
Your "Table" looks lot like the Brunswick 9' pocket billiards table we had when I was a kid. It went to Colorado with a cousin, but I have no idea where it is now. Lots of memories playing pool on that table. 3" thick slate bed on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 07:40 am:

My basement shop....Sorry all my shots have a project in them! back cornerreagan spoke presscabinet cornermancave/shop door

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 09:22 am:

truck23

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 10:48 am:

My Shop

Work Area

Paint Room

Sandblast Room

Kitchen, Complete with assistant. (Nikki)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 02:19 am:

I'd like to talk to Nikki about what she's got cookin'. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Nikki never talks back and always smiles. Some reason everyone wants their picture made with her!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration