OT - looking for books/information on Chrysler 1924-1931

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - looking for books/information on Chrysler 1924-1931
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

Hey guys,

I have been surfing the web looking for information on the early 24/25 to 31 Chrysler cars. Basically I want to educate myself on these cars and the differences from year to year... unfortunately I have yet to run a cross a dedicated web page or forum or book on details of these early cars. Yes I am thinking of buying one sometime in the near future to keep my T company.
So you know, my first step (today) will be to become members of the Chrysler club.
I figured if anyone could lead me in the right direction it would be you guys!
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

Click here:

http://www.chryslerclub.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:07 am:

Smart move to educate yourself first. My T education started when the couple I babysat for gave me a front axle and was told I could have it if I could figure out what it was. :-) Of course it was a Model T. Did a lot of book reading on old cars before I owned my first one.
Tad Burness book "Cars of the Early Thirties" some info on different models and dates. Tad Burness "American Car Spotters's Guide 1920-1939" lots of black and white illustrations with tid bits of info thrown in.
You might also think about general repair books that cover the years you are thinking about like Motor Manual.
These suggestions will give a general idea of the different models. For a quick example in 1928 you had 4, "52", "62", "72" and "Imperial 80". The last 3 of those Models could come with ether the Std 5.1 head or the "red Head" that was 6.2.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration