T trasmission drum diamater.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: T trasmission drum diamater.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

I going through some transmission parts in my T parts bldg. and have several drums. I think I have some good ones and was wondering what the outside diamater is for a NOS drum.

I have enough good parts to build up at least 2 more transmissions and don't want to use drums that are to thin and not cracked.

I was thinking 7 1/2" was fairly close but nothing under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Yep.

Earlier post with details.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/411972.html?1388871115

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Thanks Dan for finding the information. I knew I had read that somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Don't machine the drums to make them pretty and nice. You could kiss them with a file and pretty them up with emery cloth. Ford did not put any extra thickness in the drums, particularly the low speed drum. Removing any significant metal is a bad idea.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration