How high is a 1926 t coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: How high is a 1926 t coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

just bought a 26 coupe but forgot to see how high it is so i can find a enclosed trailer does anyone know how high it would be thanks mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

https://www.google.com/search?q=coupe+height+mtfca&rlz=1C1PRFA_enUS447US447&oq=c oupe+height+mtfca&aqs=chrome..69i57.4129j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

Mike: My '26 coupe fit nicely inside Freighter Jim's trailer. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 08:03 pm:

Mine is exactly 6'-0" (72").

Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 08:19 pm:

thanks guys mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

I just took another look and my tires are a little low, so the actual height with full tires may be closer to 72 1/2" to 72 3/4". Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Why don't you just measure it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

Hi James,

When did I haul for you ?

I'm getting old .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 06:35 pm:

its three hours away need to know to get a trailer the right height its winter here lots of snow and salt on the roads

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Schrage -- Grosse Pte Farms, MI on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

Mine (see profile) comes in at 73". Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 07:13 pm:

mine is 73"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 10:11 am:

FJ: 27 June 2014, you posted a 'tribute' here.
Mike: Confirming 73" height. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:34 am:

For comparison, future reference for the FWIW dept., the '26 TT with enclosed steel cab measures in at 7'4".... Standing tall!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. ANY given year and body style of model T (or almost any other car) can vary in height by about (more than?) two inches solely due to wheel and tire sizes, tire make and condition, and various suspension conditions (spring arch), can all make a difference higher or lower. Accessory shock absorbers alone can add as much as more than an inch.
My point, is simply, that when using someone else's car to estimate the height for your car, allow at least two additional inches. Unless the person knows his car is relatively taller or shorter than most.

And don't forget, after you get the T home, we need pictures!
Do drive carefully! And enjoy, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration