Old Photo - Don't Laugh....It Runs!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Don't Laugh....It Runs!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 09:23 am:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:20 am:

"Hey, I'd offer you gals a ride but I'm afraid some of ya would have ta set in the back seat!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:35 am:

Since it says LIFE at the bottom I wonder who that was?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:40 am:

That looks like a young Mark Chaffin ....

Freighter JIm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:44 am:

I'd say it looks like Potsie on Happy Daze.

Here's Anson Williams(Potsie) with Ron Howard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:52 am:

With a 1940 plate I don't think it's Potsie unless he found an elixir of youth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:19 am:

That's a young fellow who didn't have a care in the world. He was completely unaware of what would happen during the next 5 years! Those were the days, my friend.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:33 am:

Took the bed off to mount wheelie bars. Cant see the flat head V-8 in the front

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

I think you have it right Norm,and i hope he lived through it! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mundinho Falcao on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 07:02 pm:

Life Magazine March 17 1941

Interesting article on Cal Tech

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=_0kEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA85&dq=california+tech&hl= en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWvK2Vi5jRAhXGvbwKHficDx8Q6AEIGTAA#v=onepage&q=california%20t ech&f=false

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Hoffman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

Life Magazine was just that. A magazine about life mostly in this country, but also around the world. Many common everyday people graced the pages of Life Magazine.
Along with a bunch of my long-time best friends, even I (little old me!) am in a photo in Life Magazine.
If you have access to some of them, one of their later, "special" issues, Winter of 1977. "The Year in pictures" on a mostly black front cover, some small pictures including Jimmie Carter. Look inside, a few page turns from the back cover. You can probably find it.
Most of the people in that car are life-long antique car people. A couple of them, even read this forum regularly still.
Thank you ED!!!!!
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

He looks like he is having a blast!!Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 12:00 am:

As I recall, it was LIFE that had a back-page photo that was titled "Miscellany". I always enjoyed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

Hehe,so THAT'S where my Crappy runabout came from.... Oh. Nope, it's a cut off.
Like those rear fender irons!
You don't suppose it says SIG or SIEG under the license plate and was blocked off by hanging the plate down? For patriotic purposes, of course.
No step. Back then? Cool.
Quite the pic Jay! Neat find!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration