Fancy Radiator on eBay UK

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fancy Radiator on eBay UK
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Meakin on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Just saw this rather pricey radiator on eBay here in the UK, thought people might be interested to see it. Looks as though it could have been off a speedster or some sort of custom body? I have no connection to the sale just thought it would be interesting!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-original-unused-Ford-Model-T-Speedster-style-radiator-/232174822011?hash=item360eb2a27b:g:c14AAOSwstxU4Jm2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:10 am:

Joe
Thx for sharing. Really AWESOME rad in my opinion. Not cheap but amazing item. Unfortunately I suspect by the time it was shipped to Canada the cost would almost double

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Wow. It is certainly pre '16 but that core goes back further than that. My '07 Buick is supposed to have that type. What a treat to see.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

My guess its a Rome-Turney, Rome, NY. USA

They made these early V-front radiator for the Ford.

The typical honeycomb is shown in the picture adv. But note the available "Duplex Vertical Tube" style too. That has to be the special tubes shown in this radiator, all the other features of the tank, cap, and side mounts are the same.

The Fordowner magazine, Sept. 1914

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 05:40 pm:

Les, you need to factor in a return flight in your costs.
It is listed as pick up only. That I can understand on such a bulky item.

What really gets on my goat is the vendors who restrict the sale of parts to the lower 48 states, regardless of the size of the package.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

Les, you will need to factor a return flight to the UK into your costs. The item is listed for collection only. I can understand this with such a bulky and expensive item.

What really gets up my goat is the vendors who will only sell parts in the lower 48 states, regardless of the size and ease of packing.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

I love it!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration