OT 1922 Official Touring Guide

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT 1922 Official Touring Guide
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 01:06 pm:

This is a sharp contrast to today's GPS and navigational systems. Imagine finding your way from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Park in 1922.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

Nice!
Thank you Richard E!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 08:24 am:

I have one from 1922 also. A friend of mine (yes I have a friend) and I were looking at it and he commented about it being a paper GPS and that nothing is new in todays world just presented differently. Back then you looked up your road of travel complete with eateries and repair station in a book and now you have an electronic voice telling you which way to go and where to stop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Richard,
Great book, one of my favorite routes from Ashton to Island Park.
Thanks,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

At least that one has a map in it. Look at the Automobile Blue Book and see how they did it before there were hiway signs. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

Kevin, My favorite route too. That was the way to West Yellowstone when I was a kid. We went through Warm River and past the Mesa Falls's. We still go that Scenic Highway in the old cars as there is not much traffic on it as there is the newer highway.

Dan, Those "Blue Books" were a great collection of maps and photos. I had one but traded it off because it pertained to the North East part of the country rather than the West.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Rich: You are right about the Blue Books. The western books are the hard ones to find. I pick them up when ever I find them. I have a complete set for 1915. One book does from the Miss River west. There are 3 other books for the East. Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration