1913 Firewall

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1913 Firewall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pieter Dhondt on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 02:38 pm:

Hello all,

I recently acquired a 1913 touring. It has this firewall. I have read this tread (http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/369280.html), but I would like to ask for opinions wether this firewall is original or not.

Detail: The horn was mounted the other way round. You can see it as the hole for the tube is above the horn screw holes on the right side.

Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

"Original"? - Burger will set you straight on questions of originality...

(Message edited by Antique_iron on December 28, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

It's not an original firewall. Many discrepancies - for example there is only a mixture rod hole on one side, the horn is mounted upside down, stain color is NQR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the firewalls were made with solid core timbers with a facing veneer on each side. The grain in the core timbers on all the originals I have seen, and consequently the joints between the boards, has been on the vertical. That means the veneers must have the grain on the horizontal. If this is correct, the firewall shown does not follow this, having vertical grain in the veneer.

Does this ring true, or could they be made either way?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

Bottom line is, everything is incorrect.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration