Making The Universal Car Really Universal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Making The Universal Car Really Universal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 10:39 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 10:58 am:

I like the one that works without removing a wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 11:03 am:

I would venture to say the chain drive could apply more power under load then the friction drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

I am going to say that open gear case is going to be tough to keep
lubricated !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

Chain drive may be more efficient, but the farms of the day were powered by belts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

I'd go with the outfit Steve posted. Simple, easy to rig. Now, if I just hadn't been so short-sighted as to get rid of all the old flat-belt machinery over the past 40 years . . . when the Case Model D died, I didn't have any way to drive a flat-belt. Rats !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration