Old Photo - Self Serve Filling Station

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Self Serve Filling Station
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Must have took a while to catch on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

I love the "UFO" lamp shades - too cool ! Wish I could find a couple.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

I agree Steve, those pump islands with the UFO lamps are way too cool looking. Surprised there aint any cars there other than the one whipping in. Looks like it's run by a bunch of chicks...oughta be busy!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:58 am:

That station is on quite level ground. When I was a teen, there was a self serve station in town which was on a slope and we used to put in gas and then turn off at the pump and drain the hose into the car to get the last drop of gas. Then we found that at the row of pumps lowest on the hill when we drained the hose it syphoned and we could fill the tank. Eventually the owners of the station found out and they locked all the pumps on that row and put out of order signs on them!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

It must be another time-traveler picture. The gal setting beside the pumps is trying to reach someone on her cellphone.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration