Heart-warming

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Heart-warming
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

One of the teachers at the local middle school got in touch with me and mentioned how her students were learning about the Industrial Revolution and Henry Ford and then asked whether I'd be willing to bring my Model T to school for display. _Of course, I gave her a hearty affirmative and, that week, drove over in my '15 Touring. _The kids were great, very enthusiastic, very engaged, very interested. _A couple of weeks later, I received this thank you card:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 09:02 pm:

That is wonderful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

Bob,

How very nice is that ?

Thanks for posting !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

I don't know about how they do things in NY, but in Washington
there are laws against contributing to the delinquency of minors !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

You let them sit in your car??? Thats just crazy ! Your poisoning their young minds.
Great story Bob hope its a yearly thing .
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

I'll have to dig mine out Bob - buddy of mine's son was senior in High School (several years ago) and he did a story on Henry Ford so I took the '19 Centerdoor down to the school for him to address the class around - most took turns sitting in it & blowing the horn and I showed them that it could be also started with a hand crank - that was beyond most of them ! Was a great day and I also received a signed "Thank You" card from the teacher & class - was pretty special !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 10:17 am:

I was at a car show and I let a guy honk the ooga horn He was a old submariner and he said that mean't dive dive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 10:43 am:

In are school middle school is 6 7 8th grade. How do teachers grade papers when kids can verily write there name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:37 am:

It is interesting that only one student used cursive writing! We started learning cursive in second and third grade. I have actually been in a store where a young adult woman couldn't read cursive and I had to read it for her.

Now this might be OK in an age when almost everything is sent by e-mail or text message, but there are some things which must be read in cursive.

I am interested in geneology, and have old documents and letters written in cursive. Old real estate records found in county records are also in cursive.

Some things we learn in school don't seem important at the time, however, later in life we can understand the need. Such was the case in study of Algebra and Trig. Later I used them in designing telephone systems. But now those functions are done by computer or calculator.

If the internet ever crashes permanently, our civilation will end and we will be in the stone age!

Anyway, The writing looked much more like elementary school than middle school.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:58 am:

Great job Bob! Frankly I'm surprised if not disappointed you didn't get 15 or so texts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 12:06 am:

As if:
My first T experience? Some old guy came to school when I was little, put some old hat on my head and let me blow the horn as I sat in his old car.
I liked it. Vince.
Bob, you know exactly what you are doing.
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 02:17 am:

Norm - If your speaking of the cursive writing in the lower right hand corner,....that was written by the teacher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

Thought I'd finish out this years Spectators and Funny Hats with some antiqued pix of the school kids who sent me the above thank-you card.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration