Old Photo - Model T Era - 13th & G Streets Washington D.C. 1924

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Model T Era - 13th & G Streets Washington D.C. 1924
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 10:09 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:50 am:

C cab backed up to job site! Great pic of everyday life Jay. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

My favorite restaurant in DC is at 13th & U about a mile away. Great shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

So many nice cars in that photo! Including what is probably a Detroit Electric. I will have to study this one later, when I have a little more time to spare.
Thank you Jay!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 05:41 am:

Man the humidity in DC is beyond description. Those tilted windshields were of slight help, and everyone with neckties....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 05:09 pm:

So many nice cars! Parked behind the streetlamp, the big roadster appears to be a Moon, circa '27. The car appears to have a rumble seat as there is a step on the front of the rear fender. The radiator shape is quite distinctive, being of the Rolls Royce shape, but clearly not a Rolls. Other cars that used a similar radiator shell were McFarlan and Rollin, both very rare cars.
The car turning the corner appears to be a shiny new Dodge sedan or coach, circa '27 also. The car next to the Moon (?) roadster is almost certainly a Buick Opera coupe ('25 to '27, probably the standard model).
I want to know what the big four-door sedan is near the middle of the picture?! Four suicide doors were unusual. I am thinking it is probably a Hudson. The Essex (built by Hudson) also used four suicide doors for several years. However, it was a smaller car, and this one appears to be a larger car. Franklin also made a lot of suicide four doors, but when I zoom in on the photo, I can see the hood louvers, and Franklin did not have hood louvers. They also had a distinctively odd cowl offset that this car does not appear to have.
There were many custom body possibilities also, but I would guess going with the odds, Hudson is the better bet.

It looks like a fair amount of work is being done in the area. The C-cab truck, other equipment and boards on the far side of the street look like they are building new concrete sidewalks. The near corner is blocked off, with most people walking around it in the street.
Makes one wonder about the woman standing in the blocked-off area? Maybe her shoe prints are there to this day????
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard C. Sullivan on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 06:30 pm:

Looks like a politician trying to get in that lady's pocket for money..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration