Primer spark plug help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Primer spark plug help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:32 am:

I just found this rare primer spark plug in a old tire repair kit tube
has USA and horseshoe logo
the name under horseshoe is to small for my eyes, does anyone know any information on this plug, thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:34 am:

Good luck Bob :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:44 am:

That is what I thought, have searched the net and found nothing yet, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:55 am:

go here!sparkplugsite@awardspace.biz. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:58 am:

The only writing I see is "Trade Mark" inside the horse shoe and "Made in USA" under the horse shoe.

For ID, try these guys:

http://www.spcoa.net/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

there are words inside the bottom of the shoe, Mark I sent them an e mail, Charlie will also e mail them, thank you, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

i have about 400 different plugs, i would say 15 primers.there are guys out there that have a lot more than me. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

Made by Miles Standish Company, they made many different logos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

Thank you Ed, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

I was once told, before the internet, where all truth is to be found, that one could tell if the engine was receiving the correct air/fuel mixture by opening the petcock of a primer spark plug. A blue flame the mixture was correct. A red or yellow flame the mixture was either to rich or to lean. Now that we have the internet, any of this advice true?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

I have used 4 Champion H-14 primer cup plugs in the 14 for years but i have never tried that?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Looks blue to me.
https://youtu.be/-XkL9JjHY8Q

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Neat video, thanks Royce! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 10:45 am:

Blue vs red or yellow flame is proper vs improper combustion for natural gas appliances. Never heard the same rule for gasoline engines (not saying that it isn't true, however).

The glass head Briggs in the video is burning propane. Note the Bernzomatic tank and regulator hooked up to the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

Interesting video. Unfortunately it was missing most of the 18 minutes. It seemed it only fired every cycle towards the end of the video when one of them started experimenting with lean and rich mixtures to see the effect on the color of the flame. That would also help to explain why it appears to have been running cooler than expected.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration