Late 12-15 Horns

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Late 12-15 Horns
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:36 am:

I realize most horns have been changed at one point or another, but I'm doing a study on horns that are supposedly on authentic untouched original cars. I began this study years ago, and would like to get opinions from our forum group. This pertains to the mounting bracket used on the horn. Here is what I've found: Late '12-13, round. 1914 oval, 1915 scalloped. This holds true for any make of horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Larry,

I agree. Sometimes the 1915 brackets are made of cast iron. All the single twist horns are made of brass, and all were painted black when new, except the door / screen assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:54 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 04:38 pm:

Larry... Here is the horn on my un-restored 1915 touring, SN 679,XXX. It's a January car. The steering column is a 14 column, with no holes for the horn button or tube for the wiring.horn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 08:21 pm:

Second picture is 1914 then ? No pic of a '12-'13 ?
I reckon I have the wrong one on my '13, mount is oval. It was restored before I got it, so probably wrong then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

1913 horn .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Ford used three brands of horn during 1912 - 15. They are:

Nonpariel

Rubes

Standard Thermometer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

The Rubes horns for 1915 have a cast iron bracket:

Nonpariel 1915 has a bronze bracket:

Standard 1915 has a cast iron bracket too:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Blub Horns from 09 -15, the first is a early Rubes for 09 the 3 1910-12 horns are Rubes, note the angle of the end changed the last of the 3 is for a 12. 2nd row, 1st on the left is a 13 with the round mount,2 is a 14 Rubes, 3 is a 14 Standard. The last 3 are late 14 early 15. 1st one is Standard, the next is a Rubes which has a steel 90 degree elbow and the 3rd one in black has a brass 90 degree elbow

The next picture includes a 1 of 2 special horns for the torpedo. I have the other horn, it is not pictured, it is being repaired and will go on my 11 torpedo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Thanks so far. I think the '15 horns have been pretty much established, but I would like to see more '13-'14 pictures. By the way, all of the Rubes horns I own have a round mounting bracket, and are cast iron, and I believe them to be 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

I should also say that the Torpedo horn pictured here is Perry G's and will be going to its new home in Texas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

Larry,

This is the best picture I could get of the 14 as everything is tight in the garage for winter storage

The next two are of my early 13 (11-12)

While I was out taking these pictures, I thought this made a neat picture. A rose among the thorns

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration