Oil in my exhaust system

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Oil in my exhaust system
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:30 pm:

I was able to turn my newly rebuilt engine with the crank handle for the first time a few days ago. I squirted oil in the sparkplug holes and turned it quite a few rounds over a period of several days. I have the exhaust pipe connected to the manifold but have not tightened it with a wrench. I noticed now that some oil has come out from the pipe to manifold connection. I hope don't have enough oil in the pipe and muffler to cause a problem when crank-up time comes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

No problem, but you will kill every insect in a two block radius and you may have some neighbors come to see what is burning.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

LOL

I was not clueless when I started my T after 45 years in storage so I did the first start outside.
It was beautiful!
The smoke screen covered the street about a half mile in both directions and it took about 15 minutes to see the house again.
I warned my wife ahead of time so when I could finally see the house she was on the porch laughing at me.

It is one of the joys of owning a T.

I think I'll do it again in the spring just for fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 01:01 pm:

Ever use Seafoam in a vehicle? We had a customer buy it and put it in in the parking lot. A passer-by called 911 and reported a car on fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:25 pm:

Mmmmmm, can't wait Tommy.
My Crappy '24 leaves a cloud wherever it goes. We stopped at a tool vendors spot for a minute once at a show. When the guys were ready to go I said "Here's a little smoke for ya John!" Blipped the throttle hard, drove away and left him in a cloud... The breeze was just right... Hehehehe!
True story!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration