I finished my NH and installed it

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: I finished my NH and installed it
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

I got the rebuilt NH on my TT and it does run better.
I took a differnt carb than was on the truck and went thru it. I drilled out the brass plugs and then just bumped a short piece of brazing rod back in the hole after it was cleaned by ultrasonic cleaner and so forth.
I did run into a issue with the pins that hold the NH name tag on. The holes in the carb were bigger than the pins sent. There was still copper around the edges of the holes to so i know I didn't drill to big. I just sharpened some brazing rod and punched a couple pieces in and the tag is on fine now.
The difference I noticed was smoother acceleration going up hill by the new carb as opposed to the old 1. It was to dang cold and windy to go more than a couple miles road test but it runs better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

What kind of needle and seat did you use in your rebuild. Any problems with it? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Was the old carb an NH as well ? Mine came with the L-4
Kingston, and when swapped with an NH, now goes like a
scalded cat (comparatively speaking, of course).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 03:34 pm:

A 100 yr old cat Burger?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

The standard original design needle.
I figured millions rolled off the line at Ford,I would just go back to the original. I had a minor drip on the old carb and cut the fuel off when parked. It was a problem with the gasket under the seat I think.
I tried a grosse jet on 1 for the little pickup project and it was a flop.I took a hammer to it and chunked that #*#*# thing once i got it out of the carb.
Anyhow I had a NH on the truck all ready. But it had been several years since I put it on .
I had never drilled the plugs out on 1 and this was the first 1 I thought I would try it on.

I have a chance to get a brass carb, a kingston of some sort. But I don't know if I want to use it or not.It looks like some of the 1's Stan rebuilds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 02:16 am:

I am trying to imagine what a 100-year-old cat burger would taste like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 10:16 am:

Burnt dust :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration