Model T truck vs. Model TT truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum (old): Model T truck vs. Model TT truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN D. PFLUKE (Jp548) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 09:48 pm:

I am a novice to the Model T field. I am looking for a Model T truck in the 1920 to 1923 area.
I would like to know the difference between the Model T truck and the Model TT truck, in particular
wheelbase, drive train, engine, wheel and tire size, axles, etc. Any reference material suggestions would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser (Johnd) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:33 am:

John a T pickup would be on a T car chassis, a TT would be a longer much heavier frame, worm drive rear end 600 x 20 or 23 in rear heavy wheels, where T pickup has lighter T car wheels ,the best reference is the price list of parts model T effective aug. 5 1928, the 3/4 front of the book is on car parts the back of the book shows heavy TT parts, I have a restored sq. cab TT, and I have a 25 style sq. cab for sale, with 26-7 engine, not stuck, Jumbo Giant accessory trans, ruxstell 2 spd rear end 600 x 20 rear wheels, for sale e-mail me I'll tell you more the Illustrated History of Ford by Geo Dammann has very good photos of T's and TT"s Member of MTFCA since 1966

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark - Illinois (Mark) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 03:13 am:

John,
Here's a photo of a 25 TT with a dump bed on the rear. This photo doens't have the hood or radiator cover installed though. Both the T & the TT use the same motor.

dad's 25 TT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark - Illinois (Mark) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 03:17 am:

Thought I'd add another photo. This might show up better.

doors added

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aquina (Johna) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 08:23 am:

heres a picture of a 25 t truck
25t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Golding (Markg) on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 02:14 pm:

If you want more information go to the Ford Ton Truck Club web site , we have pictures of TT's owned by the members and a lot of information on the TT.
http://www.fordtontruckclub.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Day (Rwday) on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 03:48 am:

If you want to hold up trafic, rip out stumps, tow cars, and impress the hell out of younger generations by showing them the way Grandpa did it then the "TT" is the way to go. Now if your needs are to stay in traffic on roads with a speed limit of about 35 mph then I would recommend the "T" truck. Although you have the same 20+ HP engine the gear ratios are vastly different. The "TT" is geared for torque with its worm/ring differential gears whereas the "T" can be had with low, standard, and high speed gears and reach Freeway speeds with proper modifications. Like most things in life there is a trade off, if you want more speed with a "T" you will sacrifice your low end on hills. If you need lower gear ratios for more hilly terrain then you sacrifice your top speed. One other thing to consider is that parts are more obtainable for the standard "T" becuse it is based on the standard chassis.
Russ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Purdy (Purdypictures) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 08:49 pm:

The Model T pick up was not produced until 1925. It was an option that you could bolt on in place of the turtle back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Loder on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 09:09 pm:

John

My brother has a 1918 TT truck with grain box all original runs and drives. That hes considering selling to make room for some of his other projects

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By anthony planas on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 10:12 pm:

Hi and thank you for all your help.I found a Model TT (I think) and was told it to be worth $20,000 . It is a C cab truck with what looks to be a a horse drawn wagon bed mounted on the the frame behind the cab.The paint has cracks in places and the passenger front fender is bent down slightly.The whells are 600 ? 22in. The spokes are wood.The engine turns over by hand but hasn't run for a long time. I have included a not very clear picture of the truck. Please help me with some kind of rough idea of what you think it may be worth.
Thanks
Tony1924  TT truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 10:36 pm:

2500.00-4000.00 is a plenty, NO TT is worth 20,000.00

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration