What is it who made it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum (old): What is it who made it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:31 pm:

\image

I am posting this picture for a friend of mine, hoping we can both get some history on this fuel saving,? maybe more power making device.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 10:37 pm:

Whoops!! :-) looks like the image didn't appear. Let me try again.
\image
{1,Fuel Saving Device}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:31 pm:

Trying it again, hope the picture comes up this time. fuel device

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:40 pm:

Wow.........Cool! :-) Finally!! The two (wick) like looking material in the center are actually 2 small stiff, straw shaped screens. Funny they didn't break off and get sucked down the intake.
How about another picture.
my picture

Please get back with me, or fordson1@kci.net, it you have any information about this device.
Thanks
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:46 pm:

Any one out there know who made this Rocky Mountain type accy. brake? It looks like a Rocky Mountain, but its not. Never has been installed on a car, just sat around on a shelf and rusted.
my picture Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:49 pm:

Another view of the brake assy.

my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:51 pm:

Hmmmmmmmmmm trying again. my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:56 pm:

1923 ForDor body by Fisher stamp on (wood lower right front doorway sill) I have another friend who is re-doing most of the wood in this car. Does anyone out there have information on where all the wood pieces go on this body?
my picture
my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 12:00 am:

Body sill photo.........Hope this one shows up better for you. my picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braymen (Sbraymen) on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 03:27 pm:

Des Moines is the state capital of Iowa. This reminds me of a question I have. In McCalley's book, it lists production of Model T's in Des Moines. Is this true? and if so, where was the pant located? Maybe this part was manufactured at the same location.
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce McCalley , Allison Park, PA (Bruce) on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 03:55 pm:

Actually the Des Moines facility was just an assembly plant. I do not have the address but the Des Moines public library or public records office should have a directory of businesses during the 1920's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Cramer (Jaycramer) on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:10 pm:

The plant was at the intersection of Fluer Drive and Grand Avenue. The information I have heard is that it was an assembly plant into the early 30's. It was later the home of Solar Aircraft, and eventually was purchased by the Des Moines School District. It was the home of Des Moines Technical High School, and is now the Central Campus and district offices. There is a T on display there that was assembled at the plant.
Jay Cramer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braymen (Sbraymen) on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 10:24 am:

I always wondered why that building looked like a factory. Thanks for the history.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Fritzler (Tommysts) on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 08:24 pm:

Anyone have a picture of Ford body factory in Iowa? Maybe a then and now would be nice to compare.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration