Model "T" Belt Buckle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum (old): Model "T" Belt Buckle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug thompson (Firetruck) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 07:35 pm:

Hi: I recently came across an old brass belt buckle that has a Model T on it with the following wording surrounding it. "Henry Ford Detroit Automobiles". Then in a banner running across the lower part of the buckle under the car reads as follows "Record Model T Year". Also shown above this banner but below the car is the "Ford" script. And lastly in the left upper corner is the word "business" and in the right upper corner is "pleasure". both are in some sort of fancy crest or insignia.
I was wondering if anyone might know what year this would be from? and might know anything pertinent about the history relating to this type buckle.
Thanks
Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron (Jackdaron) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 11:50 pm:

I have two of these belt buckles,and I read somewhere that the originals were issued for a record sales year. I'm not sure of the year,sometime around 1923? anyway,I suspect most of the ones we see today are repops.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By doug thompson (Firetruck) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

Hi Jack: thanks for the info. I was wondering if there was any way to determine if mine is a repop or not. it looks quite original in that the buckle on the back is rather crude by to-day's standards. Mine does not appear to have any kind of numbers or markings on the back anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron (Jackdaron) on Monday, May 05, 2003 - 11:10 pm:

I don't know how you'd tell an original,both of mine have a number on the back, It is PC 2020340010.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By james sanderson on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 08:21 pm:

i have an original. the originals all have the same number on the back 2020340010. the belt buckle was given to a salesman. money value is almost nil. while you my not see very many of these, they were givin out a dime a dozen from the early 20's to the late 60's. these were givin out even after the model t was discontinued. hang on to them though, common knowledge time = value.

james sanderson
public affairs
ford automobile company

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration