HMC 2016

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: HMC 2016
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

http://www.socalhcca.com/holiday-motor-excursion/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

I hope to participate in this event. Attended the event for the last three years and it's a great show of classic cars - no modified hot rods are allowed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

I hope to go too, but it won't be this year. Maybe next time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

That is a wonderful event with great cars and folks. We were lucky enough to go to a couple when Warwick and Doug were there. It was unforgettable. I'm glad it is still happening.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

I was just thinking about starting a thread about this.
I'm watching the weather and waiting for a reply from Stan who said he wanted to come down from Montana and ride with me. It'll be a cold morning up the 605 at first light but he should be thinking it's summer down here.

This year we will have a new meeting place at the Santa Anita race track. Thoroughbred racing will be going on at the same time. It's one of those special tours I have been going to for the last few years and always see something amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

I have my plane ticket, a motel room and will have a rental car! Southern California -- here I come!! Looking forward to seeing all the cars, old and new friends and some green things in the middle of winter. Gene knows his way around so all I have to do is gawk like a tourist. I'm good at that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

Just checked the weather, doesn't look the best. If the weather is as predicted I'm a no show. No top on my 11 :-(.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 12:12 am:

A bummer that I won't be at home to meet Stan tagging along with Gene. Story of my life...

Have a blast, guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 01:54 am:

Come on Phil, Even with the top you'll get wet.

Seems like Every tour I've been on my car has got rained on. I even promised guys that the SD City tour would be no rain and I got sprinkled on. I really remember the tour in Kanab where we all sat in our cars while waiting for the BBQ and it down poured for about an hour. Many cars didn't start after that.
I've checked the weather report and it says 60% chance of showers. I'll play it by ear. Maybe trailer there. Ugh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 05:45 am:

I always enjoy forum coverage of this event. Please take lots of pictures and post. Have a great time all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 09:02 am:

Too cold for me, if they move the tour to Wednesday I'm there :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:40 am:

hope to be there and meet Stan, it is cold for us So Cal boy's. I have froze on this outing more than once, always a fun time though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 01:17 am:

40 is chilly, but I've seen worse. I've been to the Rose Parade when it was freezing. I'd say a high of 67 isn't bad at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

So what do I do? Weather forecast said it would be cloudy and rainy today in Simi Valley, yet its sunny and warm. Do I load up the car and go tomorrow?

What would you do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

latest forecast for Santa Anita racetrack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

Wow. People are worrying about weather in Southern California. Must be REALLY old age setting in. I will be there whether it rains, sleets or snows. After all, it's the Holiday Motor Excursion and I haven't missed one in +/-25 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

My 11 has not top, I'm not going to risk damaging the 105 year old leather. Don't care about the temp just the precipitation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Geez, wear a jacket and gloves and a hat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

There will be plenty of very expensive rare cars that attend as usual, regardless of cold or scattered showers. Besides, what did they do back in the day when it rained?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

I think Philip B is truly concerned about the very old leather in his grandfather's upholstery. I am no "leather expert", but I know that preserving hundred-plus year old leather is difficult and tricky. There are treatments that can help make it last much longer? And there are treatments that make great claims, but actually harm either the leather, or the stitching. bright sunlight, and water are both bad for old leather. So I would not fault Philip at all for wanting to keep the car out of bad weather. It may not be possible to keep that upholstery for the rest of his life? But I would expect him to want to keep it for as long as he can.
I say it almost every year. Some day, I need to get down there for this one. I know several people that have gone, and they tell me how fantastic it is!
And I do want to see many pictures from this years event!
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 12:35 am:

I got my Henderson out, but if it is raining I am going back to bed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 12:51 am:

Plan at this time is we are leaving genes at 6 am, driving, no trailer for us unless it is raining. See you guys there!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 12:58 am:

I'm going but Carl will stay in the garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 12:58 am:

Really looking forward to tomorrow as well as Monday and Tuesday. Monday gene, my brother and I will visit a nice t collection and Tuesday we will go to another town nearby and install and test run a schebler d on a famous 1912 Maxwell. Sunday, I hope to be able to preview the 20 mule team borax wagons built by a friend in montana. They will be in the rose parade if you watch on MTV.

But the hme is the highlight of the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 01:07 am:

Just loaded our '15 Touring into the enclosed trailer. We're going rain or shine :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 01:11 am:

Hope to get to say howdy bill!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 01:42 am:

Stan and I will see all you guys there. I expect it won't be raining at 6 when we leave and maybe we'll be lucky and just drive around or thru any showers. It never rains much here in SoCal.....

I'm meeting John Bothwell and his gal who will be driving along with us in his 22 roadster picup.
Some of you may have known the late Ann Bothwell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:22 am:

Gene Stan Bill and the rest of you guys have FUN!

Current Temp there 56 deg
Sure beats the the 21 deg here in Santa Fe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:27 am:

Leaving in about five minutes... Stay tuned for some great photos. I hope :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 10:43 am:

I spent two days cleaning up my pickup from the last tour that rained on it. I've watched the weather reports all day yesterday, and it doesn't look good, so I'm staying home. I was really looking forward to going too. I hope it turns out ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 11:27 am:

They are showing moderate to light rain possible after about noon in the foothills especially, centered right on Pasadena. Not too bad! There's not going to be any snow or ice.

When I lived out there a lot of rain got predicted that never happened. Either way the drive is worth the wipe down.

https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/USCA0840:1:US

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

We just got home and put the Touring to bed. Many photos to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

That's about all of my photos. Hopefully, others will add to this. We had a great time and only a little rain at the end of the day. This is a "Must Do" event every year and I'm glad we didn't let a little water scare us away :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:45 am:

What a fun day! Smokin up the freeway at 6 30. Am at 60 miles an hour in a model t, tons of cool cars to look at, lots of friends old and new, good food and did I mention 64 on the 605 freeway in the rain coming back to genes? I'm whipped but it was a good day!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:49 am:

Lots of fun today Stan & nice having lunch with you too!

Happy New Year from Bill & Cindy to all :-)

t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:09 am:

The 1914 runabout looks like a driver. My kind of car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Thanks for the pics, Bill. Good job as always. Looks like I missed out. Stan - I'll bet cannonballing up 605 with Gene was a touch on the chilly side!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Actually Sean, it was a pretty warm drive although we didn't feel the "heater" it was a nice day if you like being out in the rain in a brass car. Right after we got off the freeway it rained pretty good and we sat in the car looking at the three other fools that were there before us..

Soon it quit raining and lots of other cars showed up and the car had those nice rain drops on it and the wet ground just like when they do a pro photo shoot. hee hee

I've decided the old Torpedo sort of likes the rain caused it sure ran good all day and especially on the way home during some pretty heavy rain. We did have plenty of water squirting thru the window gaps down on the coil box and our feet and face but according to Stan he thought it was just a summer shower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

Sounds great, Gene. As is typical, as little rain as we see in SoCal, it always seems to know just when NOT to rain and have at it. Glad it was another great day just the same. If you're still with Stan, give him a virtual slap on the back and a hearty handshake from me. Happy New Year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

It was so like tottallllllllyyyy awesome!!!! I'm still mega stoked. It was totally mega bitchin and gene was a cowabuga dude to spend the daylights with. A totally gnarly day, man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Too much LA influence!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Stan - that last cracked me up, nice meeting you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason...........Whittier, CA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Hey, Greg,
Great to see the '14 is on the road again!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration