Old Photo - State Of Nebraska Dept of ??? Van Parked Roadside

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - State Of Nebraska Dept of ??? Van Parked Roadside
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

Looks like a re-purposed ambulance - the body has been shortened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Erik, I agree!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

That shortened ambulance is being used by the State of Nebraska Department of Abbreviations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 11:53 pm:

I think that the shortened ambulance is being used by the; State of Nebraska Department of Public Works. Such a shortened ambulance would make a great vehicle for a surveying crew or engineering studies crew. An idea for a new Model T project for that extra chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 02:17 am:

Love the tire patch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:28 am:

Looks like the two guy's were trying their best to get out of the picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:18 am:

caught working again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

I wish when photos were posted the source was given. A link would be great if the photo was found on the internet but even if the poster added a note such as Source :personal collection or Ebay it would be helpful if someone wanted to further research something that interests them.

In this case, I think the photo is taken near Fort Robinson which interests me since I grew up near there. I haven't been able to find it yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

Looks like they were running away from the work for the day. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

A cool feature of Google Chrome on a mobile device is you can long press on an image and search for it. Not sure if you can do the same on a desktop or laptop. Here's what I found
http://www.transportation.nebraska.gov/history/prefifty.htm

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/200354.html?1301220866

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/282327.html?1334987015

You can also search for visually similar images.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Looks like you can on a desktop/laptop using Chrome or Firefox. Right click on image and then choose "Search for this image".
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/1325808?hl=en

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Thanks Peter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Cook on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 01:00 am:

Actually, this picture was taken last Fall. This is an example of how Nebraska manages to run state government without going into debt.
And, yes Brian, I would also guess it was taken in the Fort Rob area.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration