Being this is the 2017 forum and happy New year. Is anyone working on there car on the 1st

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Being this is the 2017 forum and happy New year. Is anyone working on there car on the 1st
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 09:52 pm:

I am changing out the fan and bearing and adding 50/50 antifreeze to Rufus my 26 rpu. Can't wait. Happy New year and hope you all get to work on your T...

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

I just finished putting leather interior in my 13, and now I am restoring the bows in preparation for a new top. I spent today cleaning the tarnish off the common sense fasteners and I'll spend day 1 of 2017 sanding the top irons.... Happy New year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:32 am:

Ill be working on the speedster project tomorrow. Im installing 2 inch a dropped rear cross member. Just another day to me ... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:56 am:

I am getting an intermittent miss on number 3 on my Fordor that I traced to the timer. Since it is getting very cold by the middle of next week and the car is to be used in a commercial taping next Friday and Saturday, I will fix it tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 05:57 am:

I dreamed that I pulled the Roof head on the Speedster to fix the sticking valve. I had trouble numbering the valves with a Sharpie. The weather was much warmer in my dream.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 07:35 am:

I'm awaiting parts from Langs for my first rear end rebuild. While waiting I'm cleaning under the T with airbrush and painting the undercarriage. I was taught that unless you paint something it's not under restoration, until then your just a guy replacing worn parts. So as of today my T is officially under restoration :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 07:46 am:

Unfortunately I have to work at my day job today.
However the traditional New Year's feast awaits at home
Blackeye peas for your health!
Cornbread for luck!
Cabbage for good fortune!
all of the above relayed to me by my Mother and Grand mother. good luck to all in this new year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:29 am:

I am going to start fitting the rear fenders on my Cantrell hack body. I found the body in the corner of what was the first Ford dealer in East Hampton New York years ago and am finally getting it fitted on the chassis I put together for it. My New Years resolution is to have it done before 2018!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ben jermainne on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:35 am:

Iam waiting on parts. But I have a few things to paint and going to try to varnish my steering wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Dug out some buffalo nickles for freeze plugs. Pulling rear axle for rebuild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:34 am:

I'll recharge a magneto...

...and dine traditionally. Cabbage sounds good too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

with clear blue skies finally back, i should be able to adjust the "new" AC brakes on my '14 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Eric, So why didn't we have this weather Yesterday!!!
We certainly had fun even in the rain. I have finally realized that my Torpedo won't melt and actually sort of liked the wet freeway hitting a way too fast speed in the rain going home yesterday. Was a great day at again at the HME.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 02:46 pm:

Clear skies and temperature in the low 40s today, so I took Betsy out for her first drive of 2017. Her engine was built on January 15, 1924, so she has her 93rd birthday coming up. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 03:06 pm:

Oh ya. Working!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

I our moved car from the carport to the garage for the first time yesterday.Today, after church, I removed the drivers side front tire and tube, again. I think it's time for a new tube. I also looked at a brake light switch that I plan to use figuring how to make it work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

For my doodlebug, I just spent the later afternoon putting on a new parking pawl and pull rod, straightening the clutch lever cam, and cleaning and lubing the pivots on the cross shaft. I may have to replace the quadrant too, but will let it go for now, as it seems to be holding.

It had none of that before and it relied on the friction of the rust on the pivot points and the brake handle that was heated and bent against the quadrant. This has worked, but what usually happened was I would try and back up and the brake lever would sometimes fly forward into high gear and stall it---usually at an inopportune time. Problem is fixed now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 12:53 am:

I spent a little time in the barn. Buttoned up an engine for Bailey and started the engine pull for TonyT whos ring gear is bad. I hate to say this, but it was cold, only 52F.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 01:11 am:

I was trying to say that I moved our car into the garage, not under it's own power though. I'm using a new lap-top we got for Christmas. Either the buttons are too close together or my fingers are too far apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

On New Years Day I was working on the Model T snowmobile. Trying to get it ready for an antique snowmobile run next month. I guarantee I will have the oldest one there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

Good progress on Timmy the Model T ('14) today. Brass polished, wood deck made and fuel tank mounted. Wheels tires off and at the blaster. His little trailer is all done, blasted and painted, home. Motor came to life on Friday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

This is the engine for Bailey

This is the bad ring gear on Tony's engine. The new gear is also shown. It was a little odd in that normally they wear most 180 degrees apart, this one shown no wear on the opposite side. Bad material??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

Got my freeze plug nickles put in yesterday, filled coolant and dry. So moving on to body work. Installed choke rod for starter engine so I can choke from inside and outside cabin. Seat and spare tire mount and floorboard is just for test drives, not part of final buckboard design.

Gonna be WWI machine gun carrier on 1915 chassis with buckboard body.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration