"Show and Tell" - Ford Dealer's Inventory Record Book

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: "Show and Tell" - Ford Dealer's Inventory Record Book
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:02 am:

I have been playing with Model T's for over 50 years, and have collected quite a bit of Ford related parts and paperwork. This Inventory Record Book is quite interesting. It was from C. H. Elniff & Son, a Ford dealer in Jamestown, Kansas. They were appointed as a Ford dealer June 11, 1921. Jamestown is located in North central Kansas.
This dealer had 10 new 1926 Fords in stock. He had a basic non-starter runabout with clincher wheels, 3 touring cars and 3 Tudors with balloon tires. He also had 3 coupes with 30x3-1/2 demountable wheels. There were 3 Fordson tractors and 1 TT truck in stock. All of the engine numbers are listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:13 am:

more--

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:29 am:

Jim, Thanks for posting this. I find the 26 Runabout being a non starter and having the clincher wheels interesting. I have a 26 touring non starter. I believe the runabout was a loss leader, and more than likely every dealer had to have one (if they wanted it or not) They were presumably sold at a loss. That way Henry could legally advertise them at a price to compete with Chrevrolet and others that were starting to sell cars as low priced as Model Ts. It was the dealers job to "lead" customers away from the "loss leader" to the fully equipped and more profitable cars. Thanks again for the post of some nice historical items ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:31 am:

more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:55 am:

I know it's a "long shot", but it would be amazing if one of the listed engine numbers still existed. Check your numbers......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

I went out and checked all my numbers. That would be the coolest thing ever to find one of these cars. No cigar for me. Two days difference is as close as I could get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

The base Runabout price effective January 1, 1926 was $260.00 until February 11, 1926 according to page 369 of Bruce's book. In fact the 1925 Runabout was priced at $260.00 from October 24, 1924 until December 31, 1925 per page 311 of Bruce's book. That would mean that the early 1926 Runabout built in 1925 would have the $260.00 price!

Yet the dealer above has a price of $280.79 for a vehicle that was in stock on December 31, 1925. Does someone know if this price includes tax, gas or some other things? I know it is only $20.79 difference, but it would be nice to know just what that extra cost was for!

By the way happy New Year to all.

I am looking forward to Donnie Browns investigation of the two short ear coil mounting box, as I did not know that it even existed until this forum mentioned it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

The dealer price would include delivery charges + gas.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration