Model T's and Trains

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T's and Trains
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 02:36 am:

My wife gave me the attached collection of Model T prints, along with my new Union Pacific Railroad calendar . And gave me wall space !!!!!
( The Railroad always sends me a free one ) LOL.PrintsPrints

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Very Nice!! When we travel west i really enjoy seeing the big power! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:41 am:

...and that's a good looking 1927 coupe. It's fun to see the U P train in the snow.
Enjoy
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Oddly enough, a friend of mine who works in one of the fancy buildings in Dearborn gave me a copy of that same calendar. It was on the 'free' table at work!

It's going up in the garage... next time I wander out that way.

Great framed pictures too! Looks like a nice room!

jk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Of course they go together

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 12:13 am:

Hmm, that looks suspiciously like the Sierra #3, star of film & TV. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 09:18 am:

OT, but the Sierra #3 is one of the subjects of the "Ultimate Restorations" series, they are great videos! I have no connection to the organization or the site other than as a very satisfied customer.

http://www.ultimaterestorations.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 09:27 am:

Not a Model T, but a swell picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 09:51 am:

http://www.steamphotos.com/Railroad-Photos/Strasburg-Rail-Road-Photos/i-3BJWdJd/ A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:03 am:

Steve, that really is a swell picture!:-)

Rick, that link was incredible! I used my phone to see those engines. Wowee!

George, a home graced with any of Richard's paintings would be a very warm house indeed.
OR
The lady gave you wall space? Yeehaw!
Would you do me a favor and post a pic of that print in between the coil rebuilding station and the Champion plugs print?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 07:37 am:

Great picture Steve!

I have been to that railroad twice (The Wiscasset Waterville and Farmington Railway). It is one of the few places in the world that really feels like a place from the early 1900's. Not only that, it runs on volunteers only.

They have a forum here,
http://forum.wwfry.org/index.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skyler Kimball on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 07:44 am:

They also have a Model T rail bus.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 08:50 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

Both those pictures look like Rich Eagle painting! (Rich; hint, hint!).
I've followed these folks on the internet from when they started out; they have done at least 500% more than I ever thought they could. If I'm ever back there it IS on my list of "Must Sees" right up there with the Smithsonian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:10 am:

My profile photo might fit in here:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Photo from My T driving home from tour in Maine.s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Photo from My T driving home from tour in Maine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 09:57 am:

This is the one David mentioned. He was helpful in providing me ideas of what the rail-car wheels/trucks looked like while I was painting this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:20 am:

The above picture taken north of Chama, NM

George,
As a boy, I remember watching and listening, from my grandparents place on W Park Rd in Elkhorn, to the trains pass by on the main UP line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Rich,
Yes, that's the one, but I was also thinking you could do a neat painting or two from those photos!
Kirk, your T is on the wrong side of the road! :-)
The Cumbres and Toltec is one amazing train ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

I remember a cover on the "Vintage Ford", many years ago that, from memory, during a re-enactment, showed 2 old loco's, nose to nose, where the Eastern and Western lines met (Was that around Salt lake City?) with Model Ts' all around.
I'd love to have a copy of that issue.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Promontory Point UT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promontory,_Utah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

We stopped by on our way to Whitefish in 2010.

Promontory Point UT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:09 am:

Talk about a "restoration project" there were no drawings of either locomotive extant, and the Park contract called for the locomotives to be correct within a 1/4". Chad O'Conner's company came up with a way to measure parts in the original photographs. It was quite a project to build these "from scratch." Ward Kimball did the replication of the original paintings on the corners of the tender. Originally designed to burn oil for ease of operation, the Jupiter has been modified back to burning wood, as the original did. Also, based on newer information, the blue color scheme was applied to be more correct (the problem with having only black and white photos to work from).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration