First drive of 2017

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: First drive of 2017
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 03:24 am:

Surely not the first worldwide with the time difference and fine summer weather in NZ and Aussie, but at least I get the first 2017 driving pic posted to the forum. Set out at 1:03 AM and wouldya believe I didn't see another T the whole trip?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Brand on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 03:59 am:

Hi Chris. You've put those of us in the earlier time zone to shame, and in snow to boot! Well done! I'm envious.

Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 07:10 am:

Niceride Chris, looks cool in both senses of the word.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 07:28 am:

I'm envious

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 07:35 am:

Chris well done......Happy New Year..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

I like that thermo cardboard stat you got there. Maybe you could'a covered the whole thing. No face mask? Looks like Fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Well done, Chris. Did the spotlight come in handy on your outing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

Now I feel like a real slacker, it's snowing and your driving your T. I only got the antifreeze in the 26 and installed the battery and hoses. But Rufus 26 is in the driveway because I had to put a new carb on my 82 GT mustang I bought new and drained all the carp fuel out and added VP race fuel. It seems happy now. It's pouring rain again here so I think I will clean in the shop for a while. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

I completed the rebuild and install of my Ruckstell yesterday and took my 26 out for a test drive today even though it was drizzling rain. Everything worked fine. Paying attention in church was a problem with this test drive on my mind. They say in the motorcycle world "if you don't ride on New Years Day you won't ride much throughout the year" Should apply to Model T's also. You guys have a great and safe New Year, you too Freighter Jim. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

I'm with Tim in feeling like a slacker... I could've been whipping shi... Umm donuts in my yard today. 25 degrees.
Chris, Ryan brought up something that I didn't see the first TWO times I looked at your pic. Is it a standard headlamp assembly or something a bit different?
Wait, how cold was it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Ryan and Duey, the third light is a regular T headlamp bucket and post on a custom bracket bolted through the cowl framing.

Friend Jerry and I are frequently driving after dark going to and from the NWVS Labour Day runs in the Pacific Northwest and we need lighting adequate for our 40-45 mph cruising speed so that third light is actually a 6-volt halogen sealed beam unit (Burger, you be quiet!)

I use the stock T headlamp switch: "dim" turns on the Ford low beams and "bright" turns on only the driving light (high beam). Power draw is about the same either way so the generator can still keep up. Its not T period but still authentic (barely) to the preWW2 era as sealed beams were introduced to the American market in 1940.

Duey, the temperature was about -10C/14F, not bad at all for a brief spin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

You Sir are a brave man, the only way I would have been convinced to do that is if it had a snow plow on the front end and chains on the rear.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Not THEE first drive of 2017, but MY first drive of 2017. Our local club meets every Jan 1 for a meal (usually breakfast, but this year lunch). We've been doing it since Y2K. This year only two T's made it, me and my brother.

w

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Good for you Tom and side curtains too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

Tom, great pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Thanks Chris. Love that T. That lamp, a honeycomb and that ummm "motometer"!
Reason I asked is I have an oddball lamp hanging in my shed that has the usual mount perfectly reversed.
14 degrees ain't bad at all if the wind ain't blowin'...
"but still authentic (barely) to the preWW2 era as sealed beams were introduced to the American market in 1940" I like that response. :-)

That is a great pic Tom. Those tracks in the snow. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Got down to below zero last night. I had to jack up a wheel.

cold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

That's starting to get close to bragging Tom. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration