Old Photo - Stunt Racer's, 1932

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Stunt Racer's, 1932
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Looks like an English Austin 7.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

Those are typical Indian front springs. FWIW

Neat picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Wall of death side show. Also known as barrel of death or motordome.

More information about the above photo and additional photos found here:

http://goodsparkgarage.com/alma-wall-of-death/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 09:00 am:

'Skeg' (Skegness) is a very popular seaside resort not far from me, just the other side of Boston. Scarborough is further up the coast in Yorkshire.

There is still at least one Wall touring the UK, it turns up at Kop Hill Climb every year. Still using vintage Indians and with a lady rider, but no Austin 7. While the 'barker' drums up trade out front, she cranks up an Indian on the rollers and stands on the pegs, no hands, swaying the bike from side to side. I love to stand up the top feeling the whole structure sway as the bikes roar round. Brilliant!

Google Guy Martin Wall of Death to find the world record set by my adopted county's most famous nutcase.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 09:48 am:

They look like 101 Indians, very popular with wall of death riders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 10:29 am:

There ain't no 101 Indians there are only 3 guys and 1 girl!

Are those fire extinguishers in a holder on the floor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 11:42 am:

Some video and still photos and a Richard Thompson song on this you tube link.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=1&v=GcFhyy2kgdo&vidve=5727
I hope.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration