Columbus, Ohio- wreck-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Columbus, Ohio- wreck-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 08:35 am:

This is definitely not a Ford, but an interesting photo.
I wonder if this bridge is still there and the waterfall behind it.
It is hard to tell where the car came from to land where it is sitting.
And it looks like the od mill at the top of the picture had a problem with pigeons breaking the windows!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Nice pic Herb! By looks of still horse and buggy in background, gotta be very early teens I would think? Looks like the top is laying way over to the right of picture...spare tire along rock wall...quite an accident. Wouldn't be surprised is someone didn't make it out of this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Looks like maybe the car rolled backwards down a hill through the fence next to the bridge. Maybe it was a parking error?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 11:17 am:

Looks like Kids threw rocks back then too. I guess it's something about the sound of breaking glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 11:26 am:

What is the hump beneath the rear seat? Notice the oil drip pan under the motor. Not a ford, what is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

A lot of early cars have belly pans to keep some of the dirt out of their open transmissions and or engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

I was thinking it may have rolled forward into the ditch, hitting nose first and flipped on over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

It could be a White steam car. They had a pressurized tank with round ends mounted at the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes, Lodi, CA on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 02:47 pm:

Good eye, Richard. It's a 1910 OO White.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

Might be a picture of Mrs. Cuneo's wreck during one of the Glidden tours?

https://digitalcollections.detroitpubliclibrary.org/islandora/object/islandora%3 A187857

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Newton_Cuneo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

The 'rubber-necks' were already around back then.... Human nature hasn't changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

Look very carefully at the area under the front seat. Is that someone's head? If it is, I wonder why the people are just standing there instead of trying to help him?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

Mark,if it is, then the "Columbus, Ohio" i.d. on the photo is incorrect. The 1905 Glidden Tour started from NYC, to Hartford, then Boston, Plymouth, N.H., Bretton Woods, and back through Concord, Worcester and Lenox, Ma. to NYC.

Thank you for posting those links, interesting history, Joan Newton Cuneo was quite the ol' gal !! Account of her accident on a bridge doesn't sound as if it was as bad as this picture looks ! (I hope that's not a head !!)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration