Parts guide 26 model tt (moved from 2016 forum)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Parts guide 26 model tt (moved from 2016 forum)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

From the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/709189.html?1483323981

Kenny asked: on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

Looking for parts guide or diagram to see if I have all parts to finish my project

Response below:

Kenny,

I would recommend that you obtain a copy of Bruce McCalley's "Model T Comprehensive Encyclopedia" 2 CD digital version. It has lots of books, booklets, etc. But the two that will be the best help to you will be the Encyclopedia -- which is a lot more than the on line version and the Model T Ford Parts Books.

Model T Ford Parts Book

A compilation of the entire contents of over 65 Ford parts books published between 1908 and late 1927. Every part, price, and description is included along with all illustrations in the original books. In addition there are thousands of factory numbers and their descriptions in both numerical and alphabetical order.

That will include the parts for the C-cab body, as well as the chassis parts that are unique to the Ton Truck. It also includes illustrations of some of those parts -- but NOT all of them. It will also have the parts used on the Ton Truck that were also used on the car chassis (front wheels, front axle, etc.) but they generally are listed in the car section of the Price List of Parts.

Some of the local clubs have copies you can borrow. It is also available for purchase ref the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/675929.html?1474318966 where John E Cox on Thursday, September 15, 2016 - 01:06 pm posted:

The CD is available from Bruce's widow. She advertises it here in the classifieds.

Barbara McCalley,
308 Cottingham Court,
Allison Park, PA. 15101
(412) 364-0561

gourmetbarbara2@verizon.net

$50.00 + $6.80 shipping.

A posting recommending the CDs is located at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/692849.html

And a summary of what the CD contains is listed below:

DATA CDs AVAILABLE
Model T Comprehensive Encyclopedia

All of the data in the CDs below, indexed to a master menu. Over 3,300 pages if printed out on 8-1/2 by 11 paper.

Model T Encyclopedia
Similar to the MTFCA web site Encyclopedia but with many photos, and much additional data. Printed out on 8-1/2 by 11 paper it is hundreds of pages long and contains material available nowhere else.

Model T Ford Parts Book
A compilation of the entire contents of over 65 Ford parts books published between 1908 and late 1927. Every part, price, and description is included along with all illustrations in the original books. In addition there are thousands of factory numbers and their descriptions in both numerical and alphabetical order.

Ford: The First Six Years
Reproductions of the Ford catalogs of the models A thru S, with all pictures, plus detailed photos of actual cars. These are not scanned copies of the original booklets but are revised and edited pages which include all of the material in those booklets. Also includes serial numbers. sales dates, body types, and other data of these models from 1903 to early 1909.

Ford Owners Manuals
Revised and edited reproductions of the Ford Owners Manuals which were supplied with a new Ford from 1909 through 1927. Almost every Model T owner today has seen some of the original booklets which have the question and answer format after the first few years. While they all appear the same there are numerous changes from time to time. This CD has them all and includes all illustrations in the original books.

Ford Yearly Catalogs
Revised and edited reproductions of the Ford Catalogs that were issued each year to show the then-new Model T Fords. Includes many catalogs and brochures from 1908 through 1927. This CD has over twenty and includes all illustrations and text in the original booklets.

Ford Methods and the Ford Shops
This CD of the book, published in 1915, details how the Ford Motor Company built Model Ts, with many pictures. Not just a scanned copy of the book but a reformatted and larger reproduction with all of the text and photos of the original.

Ford Service
Reformatted and enlarged reproduction on a CD of the Ford Service book published in 1925-27 by the Ford Motor Company. Pictures are better than in the printed reproductions available today.

All of the CDs are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. A PDF reader can be downloaded from Adobe at no charge.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Hap, I call the Encyclopedia the best $50 a Model T guy can spend. But I'm not sure it has all the parts illustrations. I do know that it lists more parts books than the number of illustrations (and their dates) would suggest. What has me stumped is that the parts book we all have, the only one available in reprint as far as I know (8-5-28), isn't listed at all. Adding to my mystification is the January 1925 parts book which Donnie Brown mentioned recently. I didn't find that one listed either. I'm not a great researcher, so maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Not sure that it will help, but the little book TT1 has most of the mechanical parts and body parts that oar different from the Model T car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Steve,

There is always more to discover and document. Or probably more actually to rediscover. A good Ford dealer in 1927 would have one or more employees that would know many of the answers we are still looking for.

Bruce in his introduction to his price list of parts shared he used the price list of parts that he could locate. AND he included the comment, "There are catalogs dated after October 1927 but
they were not included in this compilation."

And in the case of a Jan 1925 Price List of Parts that Donnie Brown mentioned -- Bruce did not have access to that one when he was making the listings or he would have included it. That would actually be a good item to scan and compare if there were any changes. Most likely the changes -- if any -- would be in a lower price for a part. If it had been a Jan 1926 Price List of Parts, it might contain some of the early parts used on the 1926 models that were replaced by other parts later in the year. For example the fan bracket. Although those parts would likely be in the Dec 1, 1925 Price List of Parts that Bruce did have access to.

Note in many of the cases the Price List of Parts continued to use the same illustration that was used before or one that was slightly modified. So you are correct that Bruce did not show every illustration from every price list of parts. With 60 price list of parts there would be 60 illustrations of the front axle parts etc.

Note that many parts were NOT illustrated in the price list of parts.

Also not that when Bruce has a part listed, he will not list every part book that the part is listed in. He will show the first price list he shows it in. He will also show some representative entries from later price list of parts. Or if the price changed etc. But he will not list all three or four entries for each year from the various price list of parts if nothing changed.

Below is from the introduction to his price list of parts section:

Price List of Parts that were included are:

This complete parts list covers every Model T
Ford part listed in every Parts List obtainable,
dating from early 1909 through October 1927. Over
sixty different Ford Price List of Parts books were
used. They were:
1909 January 1 (not dated), June 1, August 1
1910 April 1
1911 January 1, April 1, July 1, December 1
1912 May 1 (Dec. 1911, 3rd Ed.),
July 1 (Dec. 1911, 4th Ed.)
September 1(Dec. 1911, 5th Ed.)
1913 January 1, October 1
1914 January 1 (not dated), October 1
1915 February 1, May 1, August 1
1916 February 1, April 1, June 1,
November 1
1917 February 1, May 15, October 15,
December 15
Also a Factory Inventory list dated
April 10, 1917
1918 April 1, June 15, July 1, November 1,
December 1
1919 April 1 (incomplete), July 1, August 1,
November 1
1920 March 1, May 1 (incomplete), August 1,
December 15
1921 July 1, September 1, November 1,
December 1
1922 February 1, April 1, June 1,
December 20
1923 April 1, August 1, November 15
1924 March 1, June 1, July 1
1925 May 1, December 1
1926 April 1, August 1, October 1
1927 January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1
(There are catalogs dated after October 1927 but
they were not included in this compilation.)

Body parts and parts of sub-assemblies, such as
windshields, are also included. Those Body Parts
books we were able to locate were September 1920,
December 1921, September 1922, September 1923,
April 1925, September 1925 (Canadian), and
March 1927. Body parts generally used the factory
number with an X suffix.

I know that when we were trying to figure out the windshield brackets on a Canadian 1915 ten or so years ago, it was Bruce's price list of parts that allowed us to figure out what parts had been assembled incorrectly.

Finally, note that Lang's at: https://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=Price%20List&page=1 has several additional reprints of Price List of Parts. And several of us have some of the reprints that are not listed currently in Lang's (i.e. T-8 Sep 1, 1920 Price List of Miscellaneous Parts; Clymer's Jan 1, 1913 reprint; Dec 1, 1911; etc.) but previously they were available.

And finally the MTFCI Digital Library has a bunch of the Price List of Parts from multiple years, and countries included.

So I still think the CD version of Bruce's several items as well as the T-1, Ford Shops etc. is a good purchase for a Model T owner.

And thank you for all your support and great photos and stories you share. They are very encouraging to me and so many others.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Jim,

Thank you for pointing out the booklet TT-1 (see Lang's at: https://www.modeltford.com/item/TT1.aspx At $4 the price if very affordable. I suspect that the information contained in those 16 pages is also included in Bruce's Price List compilation -- but I do not have a copy of TT-1 to compare it with.

In Bruce's listing he has only 1 illustration of the C-cab body. It is shown below (twice to get the words in on both sides of the same illustration and have the words large enough for me to still be able to read them):

If you or someone else has a copy of the TT-1 and can check, please let us know if it contains additional illustrations of the C-cab or only a single illustration from the side as shown above.

If the TT-1 also has the car parts i.e. T- prefix that are used on the Ton Truck (steering wheel, steering column etc.) then it would provide a lower cost price list. But it would not contain the photos and information from Bruce's Encyclopedia which is also include on the CDs.

Again thank you for pointing that one out and also your support to forum and hobby.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration