Old Photo - Model T Era - Fair Grounds Parking Lot,Owosso,Michigan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era - Fair Grounds Parking Lot,Owosso,Michigan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 05:34 am:

We drive through Owosso a few times a summer on our way to the cabin up north. I go that way to avoid the interstates.

As an aside, Owosso is the home of the "Steam Railroad Institute", which houses Pere Marquette 1225. 1225 was the 'model' for the Polar Express, and they run a train ride in the Christmas Season called the "Polar Express". The conductor has to memorize all the lines from the movies, because if he misses one, the kids are sure to let him know. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 11:25 am:

There are a few steam excurasions through the year and every now and then the 765 will also use these rails.It has been a few years but once my grandson and i chased the 1225 and the 765 double heading!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

You're right, Ken. They have what looks like a beautiful fall color tour. It seems that either my wife or myself are always working that weekend though! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

We were up there via the 1225 two Christmas's ago. Nice train ride, fun time. Boy was it cold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

Tim,after retirement i joined the crew and went to 1 work day.I wound up doing torch work inside the steam chest on the 1225! When they said changing the springs under the engine was the next project i ran like a dog and never went back!! Soot Happens!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

One man's Hell is another man's Heaven, Ken. ;)

I haven't worked on steam yet. I've worked on everything from John Deere greensmowers to Tomahawk cruise missile engines. But steam has eluded me thus far.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration